FrontMyth conflicting with PyeTV

Matt

Feb 21, 2009, 8:34:04 PM2/21/09
to frontpython-discuss.
I've been using my own variation of FrontMyth to launch Boxee for some
time now. I finally got around to setting up an antenna to work with
EyeTV. However, I cannot seem to get my Boxee plugin and PyeTV to work
at the same time. Boxee will always prevent EyeTV from displaying on
the main menu, presumably because Boxee being alphabetically first
loads first and sets something that conflicts with PyeTV. My best
guess is there's some id value somewhere that needs to be changed but
I can't find anything obvious. The key value is different
"com.apple.frontrow.appliance.boxee" all the menu items are different.
I don't know what else to try. Any ideas out there?

Charles Albrecht

Feb 23, 2009, 11:11:55 PM2/23/09
to frontpyth...@googlegroups.com
There are a couple of FrontPython-derived Boxee Plugins out there
which don't conflict. I've been meaning to check into the specifics. I
did notice that both of the versions I checked out seemed to be based
on older code from FrontMyth itself. (Code less organized in libraries
and harder to read.)

-Charles

j-christ

Mar 14, 2009, 11:15:06 PM3/14/09
to frontpython-discuss.
I have to wonder if the conflict isn't because all frontpython
projects share the python main class
RUIPythonAppliance. Perhaps each project which uses frontpython needs
to change the name of
this class, or use a subclass of this as the main class.

-Jon