Download of Frontier 5.0.1 for Mac OS 9?

Axel Schlueter

May 30, 2014, 7:43:11 AM5/30/14
to fronti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

after reading a number of articles and posts about Frontier lately I got curious and wanted to experiment a little bit with it. I couldn't get the versions from frontierkernel.org to work so I tried to download the older free version 5.0.1 for Mac OS 9 to run it in an emulator. Sadly the download links on http://scripting.com/frontier5/downloads/default.html seem to be long gone and archive.org came up blank, too.

So here's my question: is there any copy of the original "frontier5.0.1.sit.hqx" file still around somewhere? Maybe on a older userland mirror or on someone's machine?

Regards,
Axel

Andrew Shell

May 30, 2014, 7:50:12 AM5/30/14
to fronti...@googlegroups.com
The latest version of frontier is the opml editor at http://home.opml.org

Also see http://hellofrontier.com

Cheers,
Andrew

Axel Schlueter

Jun 2, 2014, 5:13:38 AM6/2/14
to fronti...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, May 30, 2014 1:50:12 PM UTC+2, Andrew Shell wrote:
The latest version of frontier is the opml editor at http://home.opml.org. Also see http://hellofrontier.com

Thank you for the links, they helped me get a version up and running.

Regards,
Axel