This is a support list

Dave Winer

Apr 29, 2018, 12:44:05 PM4/29/18
to frontier-user
Reminder: this is a support list.

That means if you have a question about how to do something, or are looking for something and can't find it, this is a good place to ask for help.

Dave

Douglas Frick

Jun 19, 2020, 6:11:24 PM6/19/20
to frontier-user
On github under "32 Bit App warning on High Sierra", @tedchoward commented on Apr 26, 2018:
Yeah, the main problem here is that the Frontier kernel uses a lot of Carbon APIs, which are not available for 64-bit builds.
[and later:]
The warning is for future release of macOS. The writing is on the wall.

On Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 10:44:05 AM UTC-6, Dave Winer wrote:
That means if you [...] are looking for something and can't find it, this is a good place to ask for help.

I'm looking for hope. I started using Frontier in 1992, and I'm still running Frontier 10.1a15 under Mac OS X 10.7 Lion in VMware Fusion. I could maybe move forward a few more versions of macOS, but Is there any chance that Frontier will ever be rewritten for the future (e.g., Catalina)?

Dave Winer

Jun 20, 2020, 10:46:25 AM6/20/20
to frontier-user
I bought a really good iMac Pro a couple of years ago to run Frontier, I don't update it. I use it for all my code editing for my Node apps. I don't expect there to be a new version.

What I really want is a Linux version, so we can get off this merry-go-round. I'd be happy to use Linux as my desktop OS. I'm already using it on all my servers.

Dave