Frontier Newsletter - Classifieds No. 25

Frontier Newsletter

Jan 23, 2018, 4:40:00 AM1/23/18
to Frontier Newsletter

FRONTIER NEWSLETTER – Classifieds

Number 25, 23 January 2018

The Frontier Newsletter is a free service for interested individuals living in Maseru, Lesotho and Ladybrand, South Africa. Please feel free to forward this email to anyone who may be interested. To read the Frontier Newsletter on an Internet browser, click on the following URL: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/frontier-newsletter.

To post items on this Newsletter send them to lesot...@gmail.com. Submissions must be provided in PLAIN text format, within the body of the email. If you would like a picture with your advertisement, attach.jpg files only, no other formats will be used. No other attachments will be opened.  All submissions must be received by 7:00AM TUESDAY in order to be included in the distribution that week. Please note that the accuracy of the seller’s contact details and information depends solely on the seller himself. To sign up to receive weekly emails, please see instructions at the end of newsletter.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

·         UPCOMING EVENTS

·         REOCCURING EVENTS

·         VECIHLES FOR SALE

·         ITEMS FOR SALE

·         HOUSING AND REAL ESTATE AVAILABLE

·         HOUSEKEEPING, CHILDCARE, AND GROUNDSKEEPERS

·         HOUSING WANTED

·         JOBS, ITEMS, AND SERVICES WANTED

·         REVIEWS AND OPINIONS

UPCOMING EVENTS

Sesotho Weekend in Morija 23-25 February

Morija Guest Houses will be holding a new 'Introduction to Sesotho Language and Culture Weekend’ from 23rd to 25th Feb. 2018, especially for newly- arrived foreigners in Lesotho. In a very informal atmosphere, the weekend will help participants to gain confidence to start speaking Sesotho, to acquire useful knowledge of Lesotho's history and Basotho culture and generally to feel more comfortable in their new situation.  The language learning sessions are not intensive as the emphasis is on encouraging all participants. In between the language sessions, there are discussions on culture as well as hikes to explore the beautiful environment. Children are welcome and will be kept happily occupied during the language sessions.

Please check the programme and all other necessary information (incl. cost) on www.morijaguesthouses.com (in the Special Events section) before e-mailing Brigitte Hall-Cathala on bcat...@mweb.co.za

PUBLIC SPEAKING SAT WORKSHOP 27 Jan 2018

The Ladybird International Arts Academy is offering a workshop titled,  “The Arts of Public Speaking” from 10am to 1pm on Saturday, 27 January 2018. The presenter is Lize Bosman, the Ladybird Head of Drama and director of the Purple Kitten drama school in Bloemfontein.

The public speaking workshop will be offered in English, and promises to benefit adults and high school learners. No previous experience is required to attend. A certificate of attendance will be accredited to all participants.

For more information contact Ronél Henning infola...@telkomsa.net or +27 (0)51 924 5076

RECURRING EVENTS

Ladybird International Arts Academy

Prospective students are welcome to make an appointment for an interview and enrolment. We offer tuition in a wide variety of music instruments, visual and dramatic arts from ages 4 to adults. One-year certificates in Public Speaking and Graphic Design are offered, and favoured by many students wanting to do gap year. All welcome!

Contact Ronél Henning for more information - infola...@telkomsa.net or +27 (0)51 924 5076 t/f.

FRESH BREAD TUESDAYS

Every Tuesday afternoon, from 12:00, come buy a fresh French baguette in Ouh Là Là Café!

Homemade with only flour, yeast and water, you can choose between wheat, rye and aromatic herbs...

The best of French cuisine is its bread!

FREE YOGA SESSIONS AT MASERU

From 1st November to  31 May Traditional Yoga sessions will be conducted 4 days a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays at Maseru Golf Club hall located at corner of UN road / Kofi Annan road. Sessions will start at 5:30 pm on Tuesdays & Thursdays for 60 minutes duration. Saturdays & Sundays sessions will start at 09:30 am. All age groups & genders are welcome including beginners. Please bring yoga mat for own use. There is no fee or payment required, it is free for all. For more information and inclusion in the Yoga Group please contact RAJ (Mr.) on phone / WhatsApp +26663131630.

ULTIMATE FRISBEE PICK UP GAME

Come out to Pope field every Tuesday at 5:30pm for a friendly game of Ultimate Frisbee.  Use the map below to find the field, the field is marked by the arrow.  Everyone is welcome and bring a Frisbee if you have one!

Ladybird International Arts Academy

Enrolment now open! Prospective students are welcome to make an appointment for an interview. We offer tuition in a wide variety of music instruments, visual art and dramatic arts from ages 4 to adults. One-year certificates in both Public Speaking and Graphic Design are offered, and favoured by many students wanting to do gap year. All welcome!

Contact Ronél Henning for more information - infola...@telkomsa.net or +27 (0)51 924 5076 t/f.

FARMERS MARKET LAST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH

Serapeng Farmers' Market, Ha Mabote (opposite Gateway English Medium School). An exciting new market open every last Saturday of the month from 10am-5pm. Get locally produced fresh fruit and vegetables (seasonal), baked goods, fresh milk, eggs, crafts etc. Outdoor coffee shop now open. Come enjoy a cup of coffee and a muffin in the sun. Bring a friend or a good book! You have something you wanna sell? No problem. Call Dee Mohale on 59028509 or email liatil...@gmail.com for more info. Stalls available for M70.

QUIZ NIGHT AT CAPPELLO--Every 1st Wednesday
Quiz night is back! First Wednesday of every month. 7PM. Now expanded to include trivia beyond Lesotho and South Africa. Come out for drinks and prizes--and support a charitable cause while having fun! Every Quiz Night, Cappello encourages M10 donation in support of children's home, God's Love Centre. Donations help to provide the children with food, toiletries, gas, and electricity. [updated 6 April]

POETRY OPEN MIC—Every 1st and Last Thursday
6PM-9PM. Tea and coffee available.
www.facebook.com/victoryatpioneer . Location: Regal Restaurant at the Basotho Hat, Kingsway Rd.  [updated 16 March]

BOOK SWAP – Every Last Thursday
6pm. Due to popular demand, the book swap is NOW BACK IN CENTRAL MASERU. Directions: From Pioneer Circle - take Kofi Annan towards border.  Take 2nd left (1st is to the garden center) towards the Bambatha Tsita Sports Arena (sign for Lesotho Football) and then second house on the right with a blue gate.  From Kingsway, turn left at the robots with Kofi Annan/Moshshoe Rd, down the hill and around the curve. Just at the end of the curve, turn right towards the Sports arena, then left to second house on the right with blue gate.  Please call Tsebo Lerotholi at +266 6796 4601 (c) or +266 2231 9746 (h) if lost.

MOONLIGHT MARKET AT LIVING LIFE—Every
 1st Friday
Living Life in Ladybrand hosts a monthly market with local produce, baked goods, crafts etc. Takes place every first Friday of the month starting at 5PM
http://www.livinglifesa.co.za/. [updated 13 July]

SPORT SATURDAYS--Every Saturday
Popular sporting events shown on the Big Screen in the Heated Pergola, every Saturday. Check our Facebook page for upcoming events. [updated 18 August]

FARMER’S MARKET—Every 2nd Saturday
7km outside Ladybrand on the tarred road to Clocolan. Come and enjoy the morning on the farm. To book a stand or for any further queries, please contact Zoë at +27 (0)82 877 3507 or Charmaine at
regsdi...@ovk.co.za.

VEHICLES FOR SALE

**If your car is sold please let me know ASAP so the list is current. Car adverts will remain only for 8 WEEKS unless otherwise notified to keep them active** Remember to include the car year when submitting adverts or else they will be added to the bottom of the list.

Subaru Outback 3.0 (2003)

44,000 ZAR / 3600 USD or BEST OFFER

Mileage ~215,000 KM.  Automatic transmission, 4WD, leather seats, turbo engine.  Stabilizing joints, engine mount and control arm brushers replaced in 2017.  Sold as is.

WhatsApp +266 5806 6983 (23 January 2018)

FOR SALE

2006 Toyota TX Limited Landcruiser Prado

13,500 USD or rand/maloti equivalent

One owner since imported from Japan to Maseru in November 2015. Meticulously maintained and serviced in South Africa with all records available. Front brakes replaced recently. Almost all of the kilometers have been on tar road (highway only). Eight seats (rear seats are removable for more cargo space).  CD and DVD player.  4WD, automatic transmission, 2700 cc engine size, 142,000km. Black exterior with grey cloth interior.  Registration circle good through 2018. Also includes brand new (in the box) full dashboard direct from Toyota. This has been one of our favorite cars and we would definitely take it with us if we could, however we’re moving to a left side drive country.  It handles great, drives smooth, and is a vehicle you feel safe driving. Available end of March/beginning of April, but can negotiate earlier date if needed. If interested, please call or whatsapp Amee +266 5888 4048 or Reg+266 58588348 (23 January 2018)

HONDA ACE 125 FOR SALE

Small, but very reliable and really good for travelling around town. It was bought new in 2014 and bought by me in 2015, It has been regularly serviced and well looked after. M15,000 asking Price. For mor Information please contact me on whatsapp: +266 53063739 (5 December 2017)

ITEMS FOR SALE

**If your items are sold please let me know ASAP so the list is current. Items for Sale adverts will only remain for 8 weeks unless otherwise notified to keep them active**

MASERU SECOND HANDERS
Join the Maseru Second Handers Facebook page for even more updates on items for sale within our community.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/405993599486377/.

HOUSING AND REAL ESTATE AVAILABLE

**If your housing advert changes, please let us know ASAP so the list is current.  Housing and Real Estate adverts remain only for 8 weeks, unless otherwise notified to keep them active**

TWO FLAT HOUSES FOR RENTING

Features-Two Fitted Bedrooms, Lounge, Fitted Kitchen with gas stove. Armed by M & A Security Operations.Solar heater on the roof leading to massive savings on electricity.High fence and well kept garden.

Location-Masooe Along Bypass Road

Rent-M5,250/Month

Landlord Details:

Malikonelo Daizy Lesholu +266 58842426+266 28311680

email: landlord@beautifulgatelesotho (23 January 2018)

ROOM FOR RENT, Maseru West

Spacious room available immediately in a the peaceful and safe neighborhood of Maseru West.  The house is fully fenced and very secure with guards on duty from 6am - 6pm at no cost to tenants, It is nearly fully furnished (everything is there except a bed) and has a huge garden, lounge room with fireplace, and large bedroom. This person would be the 3rd housemate in a house with 4 bedrooms (one spare room).  Rent is 3,310 plus utilities/cleaner/gardener.  Please contact Katie + 266 5888 0710 for a viewing/more details. (5 December 2017)

HOUSE FOR RENT

At Masowe 2 new residential house. 3 bedrooms, one bedroom attached with shower & toilet. Also independent shower room and toilet. Living cum dining & kitchen.  500 square metre site with security wall & gate. Block paved car parking for 4 cars. Water, sewer and electricity connected. Area for backyard vegetable gardening. Security alarm system installed. Great neighborhood away from industrial development. Beautiful view. Rent M5000. Please contact the advertiser +26650921246. (4 December 2017)

HOUSE FOR SALE

House for sale at Masowe II. Please call advertiser at 63131630. (23 January 2018)

HOUSEKEEPING, CHILDCARE, AND GROUNDSKEEPING

****All adverts for housekeeping, child care and groundskeeping will be removed after 6 months unless contacted to keep it on the newsletter.****

LANGUAGE TRAINER FOR HIRE

Mme Lebohang Lethibelane offers Sesotho lessons to foreigners. She is well-experienced and has been facilitating language and culture for Peace Corps volunteers in the past.

If you are interested in learning Sesotho language and Basotho culture, please contact Mme Lebohang @ +266 63818440. (phone + whatsapp).

For further references, please call Mme Phuthumile +266 56620294. (January 2018)

HOUSEKEEPER FOR HIRE

Mme Puseletso Sekonyela (known as Grace) was in our employ  as a housekeeper for 3 years while we were working for Gibb in Lesotho. She is a very pleasant, well-spoken and efficient young woman with a good command of English. She was very reliable and also proved to be a very good carer for my elderly mother who stayed with us, and would be equally good at caring for children. We were sorry to have to terminate her employ  when we left and would be pleased to hear that she has found another position. Her contact number is: +266 5986 83745.

For any further questions or reference please contact Ken or Andrea at vmr...@mweb.co.za. or cel: +27 83 290 2230  (January 2018)

PHYSIOTHERAPIST TREATMENT

Heshie Serobanyane has 30 years’ experience as a physiotherapist, successfully treating patients with sports injuries, planning post-surgery rehabilitation and relieving general aches and pains. She also offers complimentary health treatments including reflexology and aromatherapy massage, great for stress management and general well being. Heshie is located at Avani Maseru Hotel.

To make an appointment phone Heshie on +266 58086789/+266 28323844 or email hes...@yahoo.co.uk

EXPERIENCED HOUSEKEEPER FOR HIRE

Lerato Senatla has previously worked for the Regional Security Officer and CDC Country Director of the US Embassy as a housekeeper and nanny.  She is incredibly good with young children, hardworking, reliable and honest.  She is also a good cook.  She is looking for work Mondays-Thursdays in Maseru.  She can be contacted at 59013481.  Andy Pelletier (58853360, ar...@cdc.gov) can provide a reference. (13 September 2017)

PESPERX PODIUM AVAILABLE FOR HIRE!

As we are counting down to Spring time, find your equipment for hire to give your event the perfect look be it conferences, corporate events, graduations, funerals, gala dinner and more.

Contacts:  in...@tangerine.co.ls/ ad...@tangerine.co.ls

                    (+266) 53702654

MASSEUSE AND SPA TREATMENTS

LIFE CHANGING CONSULTANCY

Life Changing Consultancy offers the following services.
Research proposals;    Research projects;    Editing documents; Training services;   Coaching Assignments; Report writing; Data entry; Business plans; English lessons; Module writing; Supply different goods; On-line research lessons; Examination invigilation.
Please contact us at;
lifechan...@gmail.com  +266 63210034

CAUCASIAN HAIR-STYLIST IN MASERU
Hello everyone, my name is Cecilia, I am an Italian hair stylist with training and work experience from different hair salons including Toni&Guy and Aveda in London, England. I currently live and work in Maseru ( I am now back full time), by SP Salon, Maseru Mall, in front of Econet. My services include Hair cutting and styling for Men, Women and Children; Hair colouring with professional L’Oreal Majirel and INOA (Ammonia Free) colors; Hair treatments from L’Oreal Professionel and Matrix Biolage.
Further services are provided by the salon like afro hair, facial threading, facial treatments, massages, waxing, manicure & pedicure etc.
Also we have some promotions ongoing throughout the year, so for further information you can contact me directly Cecilia: +266 5713 7829 or the salon SP:
+266 2834 8484

EXCELLENT HOUSEKEEPER / CLEANER SEEKING CLIENTS

Mme Mathoso is currently looking for clients. She has worked for me and some expats housemates for over 3 years. She is extremely reliable, honest, thorough and hardworking. She currently comes once a week and is very flexible with dates and times. She is a young woman with a very good English level and very proactive (whenever there is not much work to do, she will find something to arrange, to clean, or to make better). I recommend her 1000%.

You can contact her on:  +26663173834 (also her WhatsApp number). [September 2017]

HOUSING WANTED

***Unless otherwise informed, all Housing Wanted Ads will be removed after 8 weeks. If you would like to keep you ad on the newsletter, please email***

MOSOTHO FEMALE LOOKING FOR ROOM

I am a Mosotho female,looking to rent a room in Maseru west, Mohalalitoe, Katlehong Happy Villa, New Europa or Hillsview, Preferably a back room. The rent should be between M300-M600 a month.You can email me at limphop...@gmail.com .I need a room by January 2018.Thank You.

JOBS, ITEMS, AND SERVICES WANTED

***Unless otherwise informed, all Items and Services Wanted Ads will be removed after 8 weeks. If you would like to keep you ad on the newsletter, please email***

LETTERS AND OPINION / REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDATIONS

**Got somethin’ to say? Have a recommendation/review for a book or restaurant? Tell us!** Opinions of political nature are welcome, but Frontier News reserves editorial discretion. Keep your comments classy or they go in the trashy. Opinions reflect, solely, the views of their author. Frontier Newsletter assumes no responsibility for the viewpoints voiced in this Opinion Editorial section.

HOW DO I JOIN THE FRONTIER NEWSLETTER GOOGLE GROUP?

Three easy steps to join the Frontier Newsletter Google Group:

 Step 1. Click on this URL:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/frontier-newsletter/join

 Step 2. Enter your preferred email address (i.e. @
yahoo.com, @telkomsa.net, etc.) and the prompted verification code (picture with characters).

 Step 3: You will receive an email stating that you have requested to join the Frontier Newsletter Google Group (check your spam folder if you do not receive an email), and click on "Join This Group". Congratulations, you will be subscribed to the Frontier Newsletter Google Group!

 **Please be sure to select ALL MAIL as your delivery method or you will NOT receive emails**

SPREAD THE WORD

You know those people who always seem to know of random cool things to do or new places to go? Frontier Newsletter loves those people! If you know a good source of information for events or other in Lesotho or South Africa, tell them to let us know at lesot...@gmail.com. Everyone wants the latest news and to keep up to speed on interesting events. Please, do share.

Know of someone who might be interested in receiving Frontier Newsletter? Share the details with them! We have over 500 subscribers but we are looking to expand our audience. The wider the readership, the more information we can provide you. So, spread the word!

Thank you! Rea leboha!