Frontier News - Classifieds No. 20

Frontier Newsletter

Oct 10, 2017, 7:11:07 AM10/10/17
to Frontier Newsletter

FRONTIER NEWSLETTER – Classifieds

Number 20, 10 October 2017

The Frontier Newsletter is a free service for interested individuals living in Maseru, Lesotho and Ladybrand, South Africa. Please feel free to forward this email to anyone who may be interested. To read the Frontier Newsletter on an Internet browser, click on the following URL: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/frontier-newsletter.

To post items on this Newsletter send them to lesot...@gmail.com. Submissions must be provided in PLAIN text format, within the body of the email. If you would like a picture with your advertisement, attach.jpg files only, no other formats will be used. No other attachments will be opened.  All submissions must be received by 7:00AM TUESDAY in order to be included in the distribution that week. Please note that the accuracy of the seller’s contact details and information depends solely on the seller himself. To sign up to receive weekly emails, please see instructions at the end of newsletter.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

·         UPCOMING EVENTS

·         REOCCURING EVENTS

·         VECHILES FOR SALE

·         ITEMS FOR SALE

·         HOUSING AND REAL ESTATE AVAILABLE

·         HOUSEKEEPING, CHILDCARE, AND GROUNDSKEEPERS

·         HOUSING WANTED

·         JOBS, ITEMS, AND SERVICES WANTED

·         REVIEWS AND OPINIONS

UPCOMING EVENTS

NALA MARKET OCTOBER 29TH

So Chef! Dinner - Mpilo Boutique Hôtel - Friday 13th, 18h30

The annual So Chef! is back in Maseru. Do not miss the very best food prepared by two of the best chefs, from France and Lesotho.

Apart from the delicious food, delicate pairing of wines will be presented as a warm up to the Lesotho Wine Festival.

You can also get a ticket to the festival at a promotional price on that evening!

Tickets cost M350 this includes food and wine.

Speak Up 4 Lesotho - "Basotho, are we mis-managing our land?" - Friday 20th, 17h00

Join our monthly discussion where speakers will be giving their thoughts and answer questions about that extremely important topic at the Alliance Francaise.
This special forum is in partnership with PISA.
Entrance is free.

Book launch - 35 years of the Alliance Française de Maseru - Thursday 26th, 17h00

Friends of AF are invited to the launch of the 35th anniversary book.
Get your copy of what we have achieved in more than 3 decades of AF in Lesotho.
Stock is limited.

LESOTHO WINE FESTIVAL

Lesotho Film Festival - 2nd to 4th November

Sesotho Media and Development is happy to announce the 7th Lesotho film festival.  Keep a look out on their facebook page for the most recent information on the line up of films this year and the venues.
Remember all films are screened for free.

RECURRING EVENTS

FRESH BREAD TUESDAYS

Every Tuesday afternoon, from 12:00, come buy a fresh French baguette in Ouh Là Là Café!

Homemade with only flour, yeast and water, you can choose between wheat, rye and aromatic herbs...

The best of French cuisine is its bread!

ULTIMATE FRISBEE PICK UP GAME

Come out to Pope field every Tuesday at 5:30pm for a friendly game of Ultimate Frisbee.  Use the map below to find the field, the field is marked by the arrow.  Everyone is welcome and bring a Frisbee if you have one!

Ladybird International Arts Academy

Enrolment now open! Prospective students are welcome to make an appointment for an interview. We offer tuition in a wide variety of music instruments, visual art and dramatic arts from ages 4 to adults. One-year certificates in both Public Speaking and Graphic Design are offered, and favoured by many students wanting to do gap year. All welcome!

Contact Ronél Henning for more information - infola...@telkomsa.net or +27 (0)51 924 5076 t/f.

FARMERS MARKET LAST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH

Serapeng Farmers' Market, Ha Mabote (opposite Gateway English Medium School). An exciting new market open every last Saturday of the month from 10am-5pm. Get locally produced fresh fruit and vegetables (seasonal), baked goods, fresh milk, eggs, crafts etc. Outdoor coffee shop now open. Come enjoy a cup of coffee and a muffin in the sun. Bring a friend or a good book! You have something you wanna sell? No problem. Call Dee Mohale on 59028509 or email liatil...@gmail.com for more info. Stalls available for M70.

FREE YOGA SESSIONS AT MASERU

Yoga sessions are conducted 4 days a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays at Maseru Golf Club hall located at corner of UN road / Kofi Annan road. Sessions will start at 5:30 pm on weekdays for 60 minutes duration. Saturday & Sunday sessions will start at 10:30 am. All age groups & genders are welcome including beginners. Please bring your yoga mat for own use.There is no fee or payment required. For more information please contact RAJ (Mr) on phone / WhatsApp +26663131630.

QUIZ NIGHT AT CAPPELLO--Every 1st Wednesday
Quiz night is back! First Wednesday of every month. 7PM. Now expanded to include trivia beyond Lesotho and South Africa. Come out for drinks and prizes--and support a charitable cause while having fun! Every Quiz Night, Cappello encourages M10 donation in support of children's home, God's Love Centre. Donations help to provide the children with food, toiletries, gas, and electricity. [updated 6 April]

POETRY OPEN MIC—Every 1st and Last Thursday
6PM-9PM. Tea and coffee available.
www.facebook.com/victoryatpioneer . Location: Regal Restaurant at the Basotho Hat, Kingsway Rd.  [updated 16 March]

BOOK SWAP – Every Last Thursday
6pm. Due to popular demand, the book swap is NOW BACK IN CENTRAL MASERU. Directions: From Pioneer Circle - take Kofi Annan towards border.  Take 2nd left (1st is to the garden center) towards the Bambatha Tsita Sports Arena (sign for Lesotho Football) and then second house on the right with a blue gate.  From Kingsway, turn left at the robots with Kofi Annan/Moshshoe Rd, down the hill and around the curve. Just at the end of the curve, turn right towards the Sports arena, then left to second house on the right with blue gate.  Please call Tsebo Lerotholi at +266 6796 4601 (c) or +266 2231 9746 (h) if lost.

MOONLIGHT MARKET AT LIVING LIFE—Every
 1st Friday
Living Life in Ladybrand hosts a monthly market with local produce, baked goods, crafts etc. Takes place every first Friday of the month starting at 5PM
http://www.livinglifesa.co.za/. [updated 13 July]

SPORT SATURDAYS--Every Saturday
Popular sporting events shown on the Big Screen in the Heated Pergola, every Saturday. Check our Facebook page for upcoming events. [updated 18 August]

FARMER’S MARKET—Every 2nd Saturday
7km outside Ladybrand on the tarred road to Clocolan. Come and enjoy the morning on the farm. To book a stand or for any further queries, please contact Zoë at +27 (0)82 877 3507 or Charmaine at
regsdi...@ovk.co.za.

VEHICLES FOR SALE

**If your car is sold please let me know ASAP so the list is current. Car adverts will remain only for 8 WEEKS unless otherwise notified to keep them active** Remember to include the car year when submitting adverts or else they will be added to the bottom of the list.

MAZDA DEMIO FOR SALE

Mazda Demio 2006 - R 38,000 negotiable. Reliable and comfortable vehicle and very economic in fuel consumption and maintenance. Automatic, ~82,000 Km, Good general conditions, Electric windows, Air conditioning. For more info contact me on WhatsApp: +266 53567854Available on 28th October 2017.

TOYOTA PRADO FOR SALE

2001, Toyota Prado, Petrol fuel, 157,878Km White exterior, blue fabric interior, 3rd row seat, upgraded sound system and additional roof rack.  Good condition; 2 new front tires put on October, 2016 and 2 new rear tires January 2017, and brand new spare tire.   ZAR 115,000 or USD$9,000 (dog  costs extra.)  Contact: oukod...@yahoo.com or keruc...@gmail.com (13 September 2017)

TOYOTA HILUX FOR SALE

1998 Toyota Hilux Surf for sale - R60 000. This vehicle has been extremely reliable, copes well up and down mountains, automatic, 4x4, 200 000km, regular services, fitted with alarm and gear lock, new tyres. Please contact Pauline Steele +266 56713195 or whatsapp +27 726066428 (22 August 2017)

HONDA CRV FOR SALE

Still available and in country to test drive (previous buyer fell through): 1997 Honda CRV: all-wheel drive, ~154,000km. Very roomy and well looked after. Fuel efficient. 4 Goodyear tyres (2 brand new and 2 almost half-life) + spare. Very thorough service history at both general mechanics and Honda dealerships. Performs well on long trips. Available immediately. R30,000 or BEST OFFER.
Watsapp: +266 5888 0710

2002 NISSAN X-TRAIL 4X4 FORSALE

193,000 kms, good condition. Automatic drive, AC and heat, comes with GPS, full size spare tire, and tools to change, safety triangles. Has been serviced regularly at Lesotho Nissan.  Two tires bought in June 2017, 2 older but still in good shape.  New radiator May 2015.  AC/heat nob needs to be replaced.

This is a terrific car. In three years we have taken it all over Lesotho South Africa and Swaziland on good roads and even occasionally off road, including Sani Pass and it has never let us down.  Asking $5,000 or R65,000  or best offer.  Contact dbkob...@gmail.com or +266 5886 7423 to inquire (22 August 2017)

BMW X3 FOR SALE

BMW X3 M-Spot, XDrive.

2013 Model. Mileage 118000km, Panoramic Sunroof, Xenon intelligent lights, Rear Entertainment, Media Interface. Park assist, Black leather Interior. Full Service History, One Owner. Price R300,000 or $23 000 Negotiable.

Call 59902096 or 58889748. (22 August 2017)

2000 HONDA CRV FOR SALE

215,000 kms, good condition. Automatic drive, AC and heat, comes with GPS, full size spare tire, AAA safety kit (unused). Has been serviced regularly at the dealership in Bloemfontein, most recently in July 2017. Has been very reliable for getting around Lesotho, South Africa, and even to and from Swaziland. Asking $2,500 or 35,000 Rand. Please contact ali.sc...@gmail.com or send me a whatsapp message at +266 68393662 if interested.  (16 August 2017)

TOYOTA SUV FOR SALE

1998 Toyota Harrier (equivalent of Lexus RX 350), lovingly maintained by embassy staff and current owner since importation from Japan (tax cleared) with regular service, handles Lesotho roads well. SUV with 4WD optional, 3.0 4L V6 unleaded gasoline, automatic transmission (with option to change gears/ drive as manual).  ~138,000km, new battery Dec 2016, new shocks Mar 2017, new tires July 2017. Disc paid through 2018. Asking R65,000, negotiable (willing to be extra flexible as leaving soon!). Contact: lomax...@gmail.com, What'sApp +1(713)598-4170. (16 August 2017)

NISSAN X-TRAIL FOR SALE

Nissan X-Trail for sale: Automatic, 4WD, milage: 90,000km. Regularly serviced, tax cleared, imported from Japan, first owner in Lesotho. This reliable spacious silver/grey X-Trail brought me up and down Lesotho’s and South Africa’s mountains and hills on and off-road. Please let me know in case you would like to test drive it. Asking price: ZAR 65,000 (or best offer). Contact: Christoph...@coleurope.eu; Whatsapp: +32 487 356210 (16 August 2017)

ITEMS FOR SALE

**If your items are sold please let me know ASAP so the list is current. Items for Sale adverts will only remain for 8 weeks unless otherwise notified to keep them active**

ROYAL ALBERT TEA SET FOR SALE

''Cottage Garden''

35 piece includes:

11 tea cups (one missing)

12 Saucers

12 Side plates.

All in perfect condition. R5.500 ono.

Please call 0837941756. Ladybrand. (13 September 2017)

MASERU SECOND HANDERS
Join the Maseru Second Handers Facebook page for even more updates on items for sale within our community.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/405993599486377/.

HOUSING AND REAL ESTATE AVAILABLE

**If your housing advert changes, please let us know ASAP so the list is current.  Housing and Real Estate adverts remain only for 8 weeks, unless otherwise notified to keep them active**

HOUSE FOR RENT

At Masowe 2 new residential house. 3 bedrooms, one bedroom attached with shower & toilet. Also common shower room and common toilet. Living cum dining & kitchen.  500 square metre site with security wall & gate. Block paved car parking at front yard. Water, sewer and electricity connected. Small area for backyard vegetable gardening. Security alarm system installed. Great neighborhood. Rent M5000. Please contact the advertiser +26650921246

HILLSVIEW ESTATE TOWNHOUSES

We have 2 Bedroom and 3 Bedroom Townhouses available for rental immediately

Hillsview Estate is the most sought after residential compound in the Maseru CBD, located 2 mins away from Pioneer mall and 5 mins away from Maseru Mall (drive).

24 Hours Security guards on duty. Safe neighborhood.

Contact: m...@tlmail.co.ls

Cell: +266 62779910 (whatsapp) (13 September 2017)

Bachelor Flat to Let
One bedroom, Toilet with Shower, Lounge & Kitchenette, running water.
Inside a family yard. Located at Stadium area near Little flower
school, cnr Rants'ala & Lechesa street. M2,000.00 pm + refundable
security deposit M2,000.00 (payable in first 3 months).
Contact #: 50757650 (13 September 2017)

Upmarket stand-alone semi-furnished home for rental – Masowe 4

          A beautiful one of a kind double-storey modern architectural design located in an upmarket residential suburb

          Open space yard with ample playground and parking (plus two-cars port) with lots of light and sunshine into the house throughout the day

          Interior and exterior safety features (guard house, outside ablution facilities, indoor alarm system and electric fence)

          Automated gate, night-time neighbourhood watch and weekly waste management services (weekly cleaning services – optional)

          Accessible off main road, minutes away from Maseru Private Hospital, Maseru Mall, and en route to the Moshoeshoe International Airport

          En route a scenic drive to a breathtaking picnic & horse riding spot, including natural bicycle trails

          Simplistic clean lines of the interior with an extension of the colour theme to an open plan kitchen-lounge combination

          3 en suite balconied bedrooms befitting to the get-up-and-go lifestyle as well as lay back and relax set-up as desired

          Ample and convenient closet and storage space throughout the house, allowing a seasonal wardrobe arrangement

          Secluded area with a 52” TV screen (DSTV connection)

For more information contact - +266 6302 6221  / redpill...@gmail.com (13 September)

HOUSING AVAILABLE

Beautifully furnished Rosah Villa houses  at katlehong ,set in front of hills to give you the feeling of being in the country, compound secured with high security wall rise boundary with solid gate. Guard house available
with 24 hour security personnel.  , dstv Access, wifi and alarm systems. Steps from great shopping at Maseru mall and few minutes' drive to the rest of the town. Nice sheltered & secure parking space available.
*         3 bedrooms houses en suite.
*         Master bedroom fitted with bath tub and shower.
*         Lounge with beautiful flooring with fire Place.
*         Modern Fitted kitchen with granite tops, four place hob, microwave and washing machine.
*         Breakfast table fitted with granite tops.

Our Map co-ordinates  29 19 58 1’’S 27 29’23.3”E
Please contact: Lebeko@ 67421849/ 22317169.
email tse...@sheeranandassociates.com (16 August 2017)

HOUSEKEEPING, CHILDCARE, AND GROUNDSKEEPING

****All adverts for housekeeping, child care and groundskeeping will be removed after 6 months unless contacted to keep it on the newsletter.****

PHYSIOTHERAPIST TREATMENT

Heshie Serobanyane has 30 years’ experience as a physiotherapist, successfully treating patients with sports injuries, planning post-surgery rehabilitation and relieving general aches and pains. She also offers complimentary health treatments including reflexology and aromatherapy massage, great for stress management and general well being. Heshie is located at Avani Maseru Hotel.

To make an appointment phone Heshie on +266 58086789/+266 28323844 or email hes...@yahoo.co.uk

EXPERIENCED HOUSEKEEPER FOR HIRE

Lerato Senatla has previously worked for the Regional Security Officer and CDC Country Director of the US Embassy as a housekeeper and nanny.  She is incredibly good with young children, hardworking, reliable and honest.  She is also a good cook.  She is looking for work Mondays-Thursdays in Maseru.  She can be contacted at 59013481.  Andy Pelletier (58853360, ar...@cdc.gov) can provide a reference. (13 September 2017)

PESPERX PODIUM AVAILABLE FOR HIRE!

As we are counting down to Spring time, find your equipment for hire to give your event the perfect look be it conferences, corporate events, graduations, funerals, gala dinner and more.

Contacts:  in...@tangerine.co.ls/ ad...@tangerine.co.ls

                    (+266) 53702654

MASSEUSE AND SPA TREATMENTS

LIFE CHANGING CONSULTANCY

Life Changing Consultancy offers the following services.
Research proposals;    Research projects;    Editing documents; Training services;   Coaching Assignments; Report writing; Data entry; Business plans; English lessons; Module writing; Supply different goods; On-line research lessons; Examination invigilation.
Please contact us at;
lifechan...@gmail.com  +266 63210034

CAUCASIAN HAIR-STYLIST IN MASERU
Hello everyone, my name is Cecilia, I am an Italian hair stylist with training and work experience from different hair salons including Toni&Guy and Aveda in London, England. I currently live and work in Maseru ( I am now back full time), by SP Salon, Maseru Mall, in front of Econet. My services include Hair cutting and styling for Men, Women and Children; Hair colouring with professional L’Oreal Majirel and INOA (Ammonia Free) colors; Hair treatments from L’Oreal Professionel and Matrix Biolage.
Further services are provided by the salon like afro hair, facial threading, facial treatments, massages, waxing, manicure & pedicure etc.
Also we have some promotions ongoing throughout the year, so for further information you can contact me directly Cecilia: +266 5713 7829 or the salon SP:
+266 2834 8484

HOUSEKEEPER AVAILABLE

I am leaving the country and looking to find an alternative position for my housekeeper. She currently comes once a week and cleans the entire house to an extremely high standard. I have had three housekeepers in my time in Lesotho and she has been by a distance the best of them. We currently pay her M200 a day and would like to find someone else to take her on for a day a week or more at that rate. Please contact David over whatsapp at 00447934832101 for enquiries and I will put you in touch. [14 March 2017]

EXCELLENT HOUSEKEEPER / CLEANER SEEKING CLIENTS

Mme Mathoso is currently looking for clients. She has worked for me and some expats housemates for over 3 years. She is extremely reliable, honest, thorough and hardworking. She currently comes once a week and is very flexible with dates and times. She is a young woman with a very good English level and very proactive (whenever there is not much work to do, she will find something to arrange, to clean, or to make better). I recommend her 1000%.

You can contact her on:  +26663173834 (also her WhatsApp number). [September 2017]

HOUSING WANTED

***Unless otherwise informed, all Housing Wanted Ads will be removed after 8 weeks. If you would like to keep you ad on the newsletter, please email***

URGENTLY SEEKING HOUSE

Urgently seeking 2-3 bedroom house with good security in the following areas: Katlehong, Fairview, Ha Thetsane, Happy Villa, New Europa and Hillsview.
Please contact: 68737088 (10 October 2017)

HOUSING WANTED

Recent Film Grad from the Rochester Institute of Technology in New York coming to Lesotho for a year and a half starting from August and will be in need of affordable housing in Maseru or Ladybrand (preferably in Maseru West, Hillsview, or Lower Thetsane)

Contact: Whatsapp at +1 (585) 445-0973 or email at phill...@gmail.com (1 August 2017)

JOBS, ITEMS, AND SERVICES WANTED

***Unless otherwise informed, all Items and Services Wanted Ads will be removed after 8 weeks. If you would like to keep you ad on the newsletter, please email***

SEEKING SCALE

I am looking for a scale that can be used to measure from a table at home or a shop.Please contact me at +266 63 210034. The number is on whatsapp. Or email....rwodzithandy@gmail.com (13  September)

SEEKING CARSEAT

I am looking for a second hand car seat for my son who is 19 month old. Please contact me on my whats app number: +266 53063739. (16 August 2017)

LETTERS AND OPINION / REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDATIONS

**Got somethin’ to say? Have a recommendation/review for a book or restaurant? Tell us!** Opinions of political nature are welcome, but Frontier News reserves editorial discretion. Keep your comments classy or they go in the trashy. Opinions reflect, solely, the views of their author. Frontier Newsletter assumes no responsibility for the viewpoints voiced in this Opinion Editorial section.

Boat cruise at Mohale Dam:

Anyone visiting the area of Mohale Dam may wish to consider making a boat trip on the lake formed by the dam. The boat leaves from a jetty located near the Intake Tower for the dam reservoir. When driving on the road towards the Mohale Dam Information Centre you turn to the right following the sign for the Intake Tower and after about 25 mins (on a road with beautiful views over the reservoir) you will come to the departure jetty for the boat. To reserve in advance and enquire about the cost, call the boatman, Ntate Mojalefa, on +266.58991155.

HOW DO I JOIN THE FRONTIER NEWSLETTER GOOGLE GROUP?

Three easy steps to join the Frontier Newsletter Google Group:

 Step 1. Click on this URL:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/frontier-newsletter/join

 Step 2. Enter your preferred email address (i.e. @
yahoo.com, @telkomsa.net, etc.) and the prompted verification code (picture with characters).

 Step 3: You will receive an email stating that you have requested to join the Frontier Newsletter Google Group (check your spam folder if you do not receive an email), and click on "Join This Group". Congratulations, you will be subscribed to the Frontier Newsletter Google Group!

 **Please be sure to select ALL MAIL as your delivery method or you will NOT receive emails**

SPREAD THE WORD

You know those people who always seem to know of random cool things to do or new places to go? Frontier Newsletter loves those people! If you know a good source of information for events or other in Lesotho or South Africa, tell them to let us know at lesot...@gmail.com. Everyone wants the latest news and to keep up to speed on interesting events. Please, do share.

Know of someone who might be interested in receiving Frontier Newsletter? Share the details with them! We have over 500 subscribers but we are looking to expand our audience. The wider the readership, the more information we can provide you. So, spread the word!

Thank you! Rea leboha!