Los cuerpos de nueve personas fueron hallados esta madrugada colgados de un puente de la ciudad de Nuevo Laredo, en el noreste de México, y con señales de tortura, informaron a Efe fuentes oficiales.
Las víctimas, cinco hombres y cuatro mujeres, estaban con los ojos vendados y presentaban huellas de tortura, indicó una fuente de la Alcaldía de esa urbe, fronteriza con Estados Unidos.
Presuntos miembros de la organización criminal de Los Zetas se atribuyeron en una manta los asesinatos de supuestos miembros del Cártel del Golfo por "calentar la plaza" y atraer la atención de las fuerzas de seguridad con atentados.
Los cuerpos fueron localizados aproximadamente a las 01:00 horas de este viernes en el Puente Colosio, ubicado en el cruce de Bulevar Colosio y Carretera Nacional.
En el mensaje encontrado juneto a los cadáveres también se les relaciona con la explosión de un coche-bomba frente al edificio de Seguridad Pública.
Con información de EFE y Hoylaredo.net
by EYDER PERALTA
CIUDAD JUÁREZ, Mexico — At least 23 people were found dead Friday — nine hanging from a bridge and 14 decapitated — across the Texas border in the city of Nuevo Laredo, authorities and residents said.
The latest massacres are part of a continuing battle between the paramilitary group known as the Zetasand the Sinaloa cartel, experts said. The violence appears to be part of a strategy by the Sinaloa cartel to disrupt one of the most lucrative routes for drug smugglers by bringing increased attention from the federal government, according to a security expert and a U.S. investigator.
“The group implicated in this massacre, presumably the Sinaloa cartel, should feel satisfied,” said Alejandro Hope, a former Mexican intelligence official and security analyst writing in the online political portal Political Animal. “They went to their rival’s territory, killed 35 people, were able to get the federal government to mobilize additional troops in the backyard of their nemesis, presumably the Zetas. It’s made their lives more difficult without paying a price.”
At least 14 people were killed in attacks last week in Nuevo Laredo. Information is difficult to verify because journalists are under threat and censor themselves.
It has been another bloody week in Mexico, with killings reported across the country, including those of four journalists in the Gulf Coast state of Veracruz, and 12 people — 10 gunmen and two soldiers — in the western state of Sinaloa. In all those locations, the clashes appear to be between the Sinaloa cartel and the Zetas.
With the presidential election in July, the killings “will likely increase in the weeks to come as both sides battle for attention and to intimidate one another,” said a U.S. investigator, speaking on condition of anonymity. “This is as much about controlling territory as it is about political positioning before the election.”
One Nuevo Laredo resident reached by telephone said she had reached her limit. She and her husband decided Friday to do what hundreds of others have already done: “We’re moving to Texas.”
The two warring cartels are fighting for control of the corridor that leads into Interstate 35, known as one of the most lucrative routes for smugglers.
Meanwhile, the number of killings in Ciudad Juárez has fallen by more than 40 percent — although, in total killings, it continues to be the most violent city in Mexico, according to the federal government.
In the month of April, 106 people were killed in Juárez, according to New Mexico State University librarian Molly Molloy, who keeps a count based on media reports. So far in 2012, 408 people have been killed, an average of 3.4 per day.
Since the beginning of 2008, at least 10,493 have been killed in the city, an average of 6.6 people per day, Molloy said.