Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Molly Molloy

ungelesen,
22.10.2021, 22:34:5822.10.21
an FRONTERA LIST
Posting with links to podcast EMANCIPATED, from the Bradley Center at California State University--Northridge. Thanks to Jose Luis for sending these sources! molly

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: José Luis Benavides <jlb...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 2:05 PM
Subject: Honduras, Caravans, Emancipated podcast

Hi Molly,

Our former graduate student and Bradley Center's researcher and archivist, Marta Valier, has produced a podcast for the Center we titled "Emancipated." The last three episodes deal with issues that might be of interest to Frontera List readers. The podcast could be found in all platforms, but we distribute it through Anchor.

Her last episode is an interview with Reuters's reporter Laura Gottesdiener whose story "A drug-trafficking mayor ravaged a local economy, fueling the flight from Honduras," helps us understand why Hondurans are fleeing their country.

The previous episode is an interview in Spanish with Douglas Oviedo, a young Honduran pastor who was part of one of the 2018 Caravans and whose experience is also worth listening to.

And prior to that one, an interview with Bradley Center's Affiliated photographer Ada Trillo (originally from El Paso), whose photographs of the Caravans are now exhibited at the Museum of Social Justice here in Los Angeles.

Thanks,

-José Luis

--

---------