2 migrant buses arrive outside Vice President Kamala Harris' Naval Observatory residence in DC Between 75 and 100 migrants who were picked up in Eagle Pass, Texas, were sent by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott...FOX NEWS

molly...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2022, 5:39:55 PM9/15/22
to FRONTERA LIST
I admit to being out of touch with the Fox machine, so watching these videos is pretty disturbing... The people in these buses are being used as props for nasty jokes being played by the TX governor and others...  The Fox host and onsight reporter seem barely able to contain their laughter at what most people would probably see as taking advantage of people trapped in a situation beyond their control... It is pretty clear that the media were advised of the arrival of these buses before any officials of DC or the federal government.
The videos are available at the link.   molly

Published September 15, 2022 8:48am EDT
2 migrant buses arrive outside Vice President Kamala Harris' Naval Observatory residence in DC Between 75 and 100 migrants who were picked up in Eagle Pass, Texas, were sent by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

WASHINGTON – Two migrant buses from Del Rio, Texas, arrived near Vice President Kamala Harris' residence at the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C., Thursday morning.

Over 100 people who were picked up in Eagle Pass, Texas, were sent by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott. The group includes migrants from Venezuela, Uruguay, Colombia and Mexico. Multiple migrants, asked by Fox News Digital, said they think the border is open, contrary to what Harris said Sunday during an interview.

This latest convoy of buses arrived just hours after Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis followed through on his similar promise to drop off illegal immigrants in progressive states, sending two planes full of migrants to Martha’s Vineyard on Wednesday.

A representative from a non-governmental organization called Sanctuary DMV showed up and told the migrants they would be going to a local church.

TEXAS BUSES TAKING MIGRANTS TO NYC SETS OFF FIRESTORM FROM DEMS, ABBOTT TELLS THEM TO TAKE IT UP WITH BIDEN

Two buses carrying migrants from Del Rio, Texas, arrived near Vice President Kamala Harris' Naval Observatory residence in Washington, D.C., Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022.

Two buses carrying migrants from Del Rio, Texas, arrived near Vice President Kamala Harris' Naval Observatory residence in Washington, D.C., Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022. (Fox News Channel)

Carla Bustillos of Sanctuary DMV said they were "at Union Station since 6 in the morning waiting" and "just heard 20 minutes ago that the drop-off was this one."

"We’ve already set up a church and a location — a safe location for them to tell us where they need to go next, where they have relatives," she continued.

The ongoing relocation of incoming illegal border-crossers has become a popular method of protest for southern states overrun with migrants that are feeling ignored by President Biden's administration.

Two buses carrying migrants from Del Rio, Texas, arrived near Vice President Kamala Harris' Naval Observatory residence in Washington, D.C., Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022.

Two buses carrying migrants from Del Rio, Texas, arrived near Vice President Kamala Harris' Naval Observatory residence in Washington, D.C., Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022. (Fox News Channel)

Migrants arrived from Del Rio, Texas, outside Vice President Kamala Harris' residence in Washington, D.C., Thursday.

Migrants arrived from Del Rio, Texas, outside Vice President Kamala Harris' residence in Washington, D.C., Thursday. (Tyler Olson/Fox News Digital)

"I was surprised to see [the press] here before we could get here. So the press knew the location before we did, some of the volunteers… it’s very frustrating," Bustillos said. "We’re gonna make it happen, but it takes a lot of resources, a lot of effort."

AS TEXAS SENDS THOUSANDS OF MIGRANTS TO SANCTUARY CITIES, LIBERAL MAYORS SCRAMBLE TO RESPOND

Abbott has sent dozens of buses filled with border-crossers to Washington, D.C., New York City and Chicago in recent weeks.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott. (Lynda M. Gonzalez-Pool/Getty Images)

Abbott argues that border towns in Texas are overwhelmed, and those in power in D.C. and NYC should face the realities of the border crisis.

DC MAYOR MURIEL BOWSER DECLARES EMERGENCY OVER MIGRANT BUSES FROM TEXAS, ARIZONA

Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser declared a public emergency last week over the buses of migrants' continued arrival in the city from Texas and Arizona.

Bowser's emergency declaration will set aside funding to accommodate migrants as well as create the Office of Migrant Services. The OMS will be tasked with providing temporary accommodations, urgent medical needs, transportation" and other services for migrants.

ILLINOIS CALLS UP NATIONAL GUARD TO HANDLE MIGRANTS, CHICAGO WANTS FEDERAL MONEY DIVERTED FROM TEXAS

Brianne Nadeau, a member of the Council of the District of Columbia, blamed the governors of Texas and Arizona for the city's public migrant emergency.

Speaking in a situational update on migrant support alongside Bowser, she said Thursday that the city's systems were not set up to serve the migrants that continue to arrive in the city from the southern states.

"So, it's been said, but it's worth reiterating, that the governors of Texas and Arizona have created this crisis. And, the federal government has not stepped up to assist the District of Columbia," she told reporters. "So we, along with our regional partners, we'll do what we've always done. We'll rise to the occasion."

Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser said the migrants arriving to D.C. pose a 'humanitarian crisis.'

Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser said the migrants arriving to D.C. pose a 'humanitarian crisis.'  (Brian Stukes/Getty Images)

Abbott argues that border towns in Texas are overwhelmed, and those in power in the liberal-run cities should face the realities of the border crisis.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Bowser has twice now requested that the National Guard be activated to assist with thousands of migrants arriving in the nation’s capital. Both requests have been denied by the Pentagon.

Fox News' Adam Shaw, Nikolas Lanum, Julia Musto, and Anders Hagstrom contributed to this report.

Timothy Nerozzi is a writer for Fox News Digital. You can follow him on Twitter @timothynerozzi and can email him at timothy...@fox.com