Earn Extra Cash $100 to $200 Daily... Processing Emails Online !

1 view

ann purtell

Nov 17, 2009, 12:50:18 PM11/17/09
to From the Hip
It's About Time For YOU TO MAKE MONEY Instead Of Making Others Rich ?
THIS IS A LEGTIMATE SYSTEM! You will make money...Guaranteed!
http://processemailonline.com

Matthew Baya

Nov 19, 2009, 10:59:07 AM11/19/09
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Is there some way to set this list to moderate all messages or turn on
some more serious spam blocking on it?

If not I'd like to volunteer my server where I host a number of other
mailing lists using the free open source Mailman software. I even have
a domain (and dedicted IP) I use exclusively for list hosting, mainetalk.org
. I'd be honored to host the from-the-hip list there and I can set it
so subscribers have to authenticate and their initial posts are
moderated if we want to be that strict about it.

Just figured I'd ask since most of what I see from this list seems to
be spam.

-Matt
---
Matthew J. H. Baya
85 Guptill Farm Road, Ellsworth, ME 04605-4109
H: (207) 667-4892
e-mail: ma...@baya.net web: http://matt.baya.net/

Raymond Doubleday

Nov 19, 2009, 12:11:48 PM11/19/09
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
News to me, i haven't seen anything like spam.
Ray

Matthew Baya

Nov 19, 2009, 12:19:53 PM11/19/09
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Well if you look at the list archives:

You can see the last 10 threads are all spam except Kevin's post about Livebar and my note about the spam

Spam on this list
By Raymond Doubleday - 9:11am - 3 authors - 2 replies
Some fun videos
By Jenna - Nov 18 - 1 author - 0 replies
LiveBar is, well, live!
By Kevin Callahan - Nov 18 - 1 author - 0 replies
Video tutorial - How to get free passwords for adult(18+) web sites
By SamDolkins - Nov 17 - 1 author - 0 replies
What are they doing?
By Ivor - Nov 17 - 1 author - 0 replies
PORN TUBE 2! [Warning: adult content]
By Porn tube - Nov 15 - 1 author - 0 replies
Turn your HOME COMPUTER into a CASH machine.Make an extra $400 Daily
By ann purtell - Nov 15 - 1 author - 0 replies
wow, this is the strongest women of the world and naked))
By SimonGankins - Nov 14 - 1 author - 0 replies
$80,377 in 62 Days,Will You Be Next?
By ann purtell - Nov 13 - 1 author - 0 replies
Process Emails From Home. Make $200+ Daily
By ann purtell - Nov 11 - 1 author - 0 replies

Raymond Doubleday

Nov 19, 2009, 12:47:37 PM11/19/09
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
i stand corrected

John Smith

Nov 19, 2009, 11:06:10 AM11/19/09
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Boy, that'd be nice. This spam is driving me nuts.

I read an article recently about how google actually has such poor spam
control on their groups that it made the groups useless to most people.
I'm sure we could use one of the other group forums out there, too,
rather than it sit on Matt's servers.

I don't think a moderated approach would work well -- I'm not sure any
of us have that much free time. ;-) However, isn't there a setting to
only allow members of the group to post or email or something?

Kevin, did you set up the list/are you in control of it?

Kevin Callahan

Nov 19, 2009, 2:15:12 PM11/19/09
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
I didn't set up this one...can't remember who did...

I'm not sure google supports it, though Mailman has a setting to only allow list members to post, which as long as no one's machine gets infected and sends spam to the list from their address will do an effective job of blocking spam. Of course, that means you must send mail to the list from the address it delivers to, though that's a small price to pay to keep the bots out...

-k

Caitlin Holman

Nov 19, 2009, 2:21:31 PM11/19/09
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Justin?

Kevin Callahan

Nov 19, 2009, 11:14:13 AM11/19/09
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Hey Matt,

Hmm, I'd not even checked my spam folder until now, and there certainly is some spam in there though I've not ever seen any in my gmail inbox...

That all said, I appreciate much your offer, and even more your willingness to provide a solid solution. There's a new Midcoast Magnet site going live soon, which has support for Mailman lists. Our very own John Smith wrote most of the backend while I did the UI and the Mailman integration. When that site is live my strong suggestion will be to move over to that system; we'll then be able to set whatever policies we would like for the list. It'll also, I think bring more visibility to those of us looking to develop business in this area, though whether or not the community aspects of the site take off remains to be seen....

-k

Kevin Wentworth

Nov 19, 2009, 2:43:17 PM11/19/09
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm the one who set up the list.  I didn't realize there was any spam because my spam filter was picking it up before I saw it.  Sorry about all the spam.

I changed it so that people can't join the group, they have to request an invite.  It's always been set to only allow members to post to the group so I'm not sure why some messages get through that aren't from members.

I deleted two members that were spamming and these are the only other members who I don't recognize.  I'm going to remove the following emails if nobody speaks up.

-Kevin

Kevin Wentworth
Saco Design, Inc.
Reflecting Your Business Online
visit: http://www.sacodesign.com/
email: ke...@sacodesign.com
voice: (207) 590 - 1487

> I'm the one who set up the list. I didn't realize there was any spam
> because my spam filter was picking it up before I saw it. Sorry about
> all the spam.
>
> I changed it so that people can't join the group, they have to request
> an invite. It's always been set to only allow members to post to the
> group so I'm not sure why some messages get through that aren't from
> members.
>
> I deleted two members that were spamming and these are the only other
> members who I don't recognize. I'm going to remove the following emails
> if nobody speaks up.
>
> felicei...@gmail.com <mailto:felicei...@gmail.com>
> kristinj...@gmail.com <mailto:kristinj...@gmail.com>
>

> -Kevin

> Kevin Wentworth
> Saco Design, Inc.
> Reflecting Your Business Online
> visit: _http://www.sacodesign.com/_
> email: ke...@sacodesign.com <mailto:ke...@sacodesign.com>
> voice: (207) 590 - 1487

Justin Russell

Nov 20, 2009, 7:59:36 PM11/20/09
to From the Hip
Glad to see we got that taken care of. :)

And as is probably obvious by now, I didn't have anything to do with
the creation of this group, but if you someone to bug about
twitter.com/FTHMaine, that'd be me. I'll try to keep that account as
up-to-date as I can, even if I don't attend all the meetings you guys
have. (And there are 27 followers on that account. yay!)