git session

Kevin Callahan

Apr 7, 2010, 8:30:16 AM4/7/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Hey All (or the few that are interested in git, that is ;),

My weds are booked for some time out; took a while to circle up with
my other half on this. So, shall we get risque and dare to meet on,
say a Friday night?

To be clear, source control management is not only for code; git
happily manages any type of files, so if you're on this list and have
data that would benefit from revision control, or you would like to
learn more about what that even is, please c'mon out!!!

in April I could do next Friday, the 16th, or we could push into May.
I know Mr. Wentworth was looking for something sooner rather than
later, so I'm inclined to just ink that date in. Kevin, will that work
for you?

-k

John Smith

Apr 7, 2010, 8:35:10 AM4/7/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
It so happens my Wednesdays are going to be booked for the next while as
well. I'd love to go attend and while Friday isn't generally a good
night, I think it could work -- if we had a decent place to meet and
perhaps get some food too. ;-)

Kevin Wentworth

Apr 7, 2010, 8:49:02 AM4/7/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
I can do the 16th.  I don't mind where we meet.  Who else is going?

-Kevin

Kevin Callahan

Apr 7, 2010, 9:17:39 AM4/7/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Dunno. Let's book it for Friday night. I'm totally down for finding a
one-spot-fits-all where we can gather, eat, have some beers, and talk
git. Don't know how busy Smokestack in Camden gets, though they have
free wifi, which is cool. Waterworks in Rockland also has free wifi
though not as much space since their back room is now a game room.
Badger in Union has Abacus wifi, which is an option as well. I'll go
wherever though Smokestack seems to have a nice combo of relatively
central and plenty of space...

-k

garrettwilkin

Feb 25, 2013, 12:36:15 PM2/25/13
to from-t...@googlegroups.com, ke...@callahanpro.com
I'm happy to hear that there are other git users in Maine! I've only met a handful so far!

I recognize that this thread is super old. I hope you git users are still around!

Kevin Callahan

Feb 25, 2013, 3:37:47 PM2/25/13
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
heh. yeah just a little stale :) I've since stepped out of writing code and into full-time agilist, though I maintain deep hooks into the tools of the trade. If folks want to talk 'bout git, we should get together and talk 'bout git ;)

-k