Re: From the Hip on the 16th?

1 view

John Smith

Apr 10, 2010, 11:33:00 AM4/10/10
to From The Hip Group
FROM THE HIP
Friday, April 16, 5:30-7:30
Smokestack Grille, Camden
Topic: Version Control

Have you ever been working on a project, saving regularly, only to
realize that you made a mistake -- and your undo button doesn't work?
Ever lose your data due to a corrupt save file? It's a horrifying
experience to realize you need to redo all those long hours of hard work.

That's where version control systems come in to play! We'll be talking
about how you can use a version control system on more than just code,
but anything from photoshop files to word documents! We'll be demoing
and discussing some of the basic ideas behind a content version system,
specifically Git, one of the popular systems today.

Stop by for dinner and find out how version control systems like Git can
definitely save you some time!

Kevin Callahan

Apr 10, 2010, 3:20:01 PM4/10/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
W00t!!!!

I'm gonna forward on to the MaineUX/AIGA list as well :)

-k

John Smith

Apr 16, 2010, 4:31:47 PM4/16/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com