<tap tap> is this thing on?...

Kevin Callahan

Nov 5, 2010, 8:55:35 AM11/5/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Blowing the dust off the old email list here :)

Just got this job post from a buddy; down in Portland though thought
I'd toss it along anyway...

http://www.jobsinme.com/seek/resultdetail.aspx?jobnum=581245

How's everyone doing, anyway? I've been totally out of the loop
rebuilding my house the last 4-5 months, though coming out of the
other end of that and ready to roll again, even if it's just a social
night. Who's in?

-k

5iveLeaf Design Studio

Nov 5, 2010, 9:46:46 AM11/5/10
to From the Hip
I'm in.

Maggi Blue

Nov 5, 2010, 10:03:14 AM11/5/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
can i even if I'm not all tech-y and stuff?

Maggi Blue | Designer

5iveLeaf Design Studio

Nov 5, 2010, 10:04:49 AM11/5/10
to From the Hip
Of course Maggi. You're always welcome. Truth be told, half the stuff
these guys talk about is over my head too. ;)

On Nov 5, 10:03 am, Maggi Blue <ma...@magpiecreative.com> wrote:
> can i even if I'm not all tech-y and stuff?
>
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 9:46 AM, 5iveLeaf Design Studio <
>

> timshackelf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm in.
>
> > On Nov 5, 8:55 am, Kevin Callahan <ke...@callahanpro.com> wrote:
> > > Blowing the dust off the old email list here :)
>
> > > Just got this job post from a buddy; down in Portland though thought
> > > I'd toss it along anyway...
>
> > >http://www.jobsinme.com/seek/resultdetail.aspx?jobnum=581245
>
> > > How's everyone doing, anyway? I've been totally out of the loop
> > > rebuilding my house the last 4-5 months, though coming out of the
> > > other end of that and ready to roll again, even if it's just a social
> > > night. Who's in?
>
> > > -k
>
> > --
>
> --
> Maggi Blue | Designer
>
> Maggi Blue | Designer
>
> www.magpiecreative.comwww.dyelotcollective.comwww.creativitychronicles.com
>
> Follow me: [image: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/maggiblue> [image:
> Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/magpiecreative>
> Signature powered by
> <http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_mediu...>
> WiseStamp<http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_mediu...>

Kevin Wentworth

Nov 5, 2010, 10:08:42 AM11/5/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
I'm in.

Kim Slawson

Nov 9, 2010, 10:42:04 AM11/9/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Sure, let's do something. I could do a brief introduction to the JQuery Mobile framework? How about Wednesday, December 1st?

KP logo  Kim Slawson
Kernel Panic Consulting
kimsl...@gmail.com
207-370-7401

Kevin Callahan

Nov 9, 2010, 11:23:52 AM11/9/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Intro would be awesome; I'll be out of town that week though if that's what works for other folks you should just do it then ;)

-k

Kim Slawson

Nov 9, 2010, 11:48:16 AM11/9/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
I don't mind doing Wednesday December 8th either. Does that work?

Kim

Tim Shackelford

Nov 10, 2010, 6:39:37 AM11/10/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Works for me. Where?

On Tuesday, November 9, 2010, Kim Slawson <kimsl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't mind doing Wednesday December 8th either. Does that work?
> Kim
>
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Kevin Callahan <ke...@callahanpro.com> wrote:
> Intro would be awesome; I'll be out of town that week though if that's what works for other folks you should just do it then ;)
>
> -k
>
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Kim Slawson <kimsl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure, let's do something. I could do a brief introduction to the JQuery Mobile framework? How about Wednesday, December 1st?
>

>  Kim Slawson
> Kernel Panic Consulting <http://slawson.org/kernelpanic>

Tim

www.5iveLeaf.com
www.timshackelford.com

John Smith

Nov 5, 2010, 10:05:29 AM11/5/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
I think we'd love to have more folks, with all sorts of interests!

I'm in. I've been a bit busy myself, with a new baby and fall youth
sports and all that fun stuff. I'm ready to get back at it.

It'd be great to have some sort of topic to discuss, too, though
frankly, I'd be happy just to get out with everyone and catch up. Lots
has happened in the past half year!

-John

On 11/5/2010 10:03 AM, Maggi Blue wrote:
> can i even if I'm not all tech-y and stuff?
>
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 9:46 AM, 5iveLeaf Design Studio
> <timshac...@gmail.com <mailto:timshac...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> I'm in.
>
> On Nov 5, 8:55 am, Kevin Callahan <ke...@callahanpro.com

> <mailto:ke...@callahanpro.com>> wrote:
> > Blowing the dust off the old email list here :)
> >
> > Just got this job post from a buddy; down in Portland though thought
> > I'd toss it along anyway...
> >
> > http://www.jobsinme.com/seek/resultdetail.aspx?jobnum=581245
> >
> > How's everyone doing, anyway? I've been totally out of the loop
> > rebuilding my house the last 4-5 months, though coming out of the
> > other end of that and ready to roll again, even if it's just a social
> > night. Who's in?
> >
> > -k
>
> --

> <mailto:from-the-hip%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/from-the-hip?hl=en.
>

> --
> Maggi Blue | Designer
>
> Maggi Blue | Designer
>

> www.magpiecreative.com <http://www.magpiecreative.com/>
> www.dyelotcollective.com <http://www.dyelotcollective.com/>
> www.creativitychronicles.com <http://www.creativitychronicles.com/>
>
> Follow me: Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/maggiblue> Twitter

> <http://www.twitter.com/magpiecreative>
> Signature powered by

> <http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=footer>WiseStamp
> <http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=footer>

John Smith

Nov 9, 2010, 12:08:57 PM11/9/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me. <3 Jquery.

Any ideas on a meeting place? Kim, what's the status of your midcoast
shared space? Is that an option for meeting?

We should also try to get up towards Belfast sometime, maybe
Lincolnville somewhere, to get some of those Belfastians down our way.

On 11/9/2010 11:48 AM, Kim Slawson wrote:
> I don't mind doing Wednesday December 8th either. Does that work?
>
> Kim
>

> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Kevin Callahan <ke...@callahanpro.com
> <mailto:ke...@callahanpro.com>> wrote:
>
> Intro would be awesome; I'll be out of town that week though if
> that's what works for other folks you should just do it then ;)
>
> -k
>

> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Kim Slawson <kimsl...@gmail.com
> <mailto:kimsl...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Sure, let's do something. I could do a brief introduction to the
> JQuery Mobile framework? How about Wednesday, December 1st?
>

> KP logo Kim Slawson
> Kernel Panic Consulting <http://slawson.org/kernelpanic>
> kimsl...@gmail.com <mailto:kimsl...@gmail.com>

> 207-370-7401
>

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Kevin Wentworth
> <ke...@sacodesign.com <mailto:ke...@sacodesign.com>> wrote:
>
> I'm in.

> Kevin Wentworth
> Saco Design, Inc.
> Reflecting Your Business Online
> visit: http://www.sacodesign.com/

> email: ke...@sacodesign.com <mailto:ke...@sacodesign.com>

> voice: (207) 590 - 1487

Kim Slawson

Nov 10, 2010, 4:02:12 PM11/10/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Kevin has volunteered the Saco Design office for the meat and potatoes of the presentation. Beer goes well with meat and potatoes, so at the risk of a stampede, Kevin's also graciously offered a free microbrewed beer to go with the presentation.

The space is on the small side, but should be able to fit our group adequately. There's wall space for projection, as well, so we won't have to crowd around a laptop and squint.

Saco Design is conveniently located across the street from the Black Bull, so after the meeting we could go over there to hang out for a few.

Does this work for you all?

(John, in answer to your question about the co-working space, it's on hold for right now. I'm searching for a space at the moment.)

KP logo

5iveLeaf Design Studio

Nov 10, 2010, 4:21:07 PM11/10/10
to From the Hip
That all sounds perfect to me.

On Nov 10, 4:02 pm, Kim Slawson <kimslaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> >> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Kevin Callahan <ke...@callahanpro.com
> >> <mailto:ke...@callahanpro.com>> wrote:
>
> >>    Intro would be awesome; I'll be out of town that week though if
> >>    that's what works for other folks you should just do it then ;)
>
> >>    -k
>
> >>    On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Kim Slawson <kimslaw...@gmail.com
> >>    <mailto:kimslaw...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >>        Sure, let's do something. I could do a brief introduction to the
> >>        JQuery Mobile framework? How about Wednesday, December 1st?
>
> >>        KP logo                 Kim Slawson
> >>        Kernel Panic Consulting <http://slawson.org/kernelpanic>
> >>        kimslaw...@gmail.com <mailto:kimslaw...@gmail.com>
> >>            <mailto:from-the-hip%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<from-the-hip%252Bunsubs cr...@googlegroups.com>
> >>            groups.com <http://groups.com>>
>
> >>             > > .
> >>             > > For more options, visit this group at

John Smith

Nov 10, 2010, 4:20:50 PM11/10/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great. Who's interested? Hands up, people.

Kevin Wentworth

Nov 10, 2010, 4:48:48 PM11/10/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Well, you know I'm in....

John- sorry your messages didn't go to the group sooner.  Google thought you were a spammer and the moderator is a real lazy SOB.

John Smith

Nov 10, 2010, 5:42:06 PM11/10/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Damn moderators... ;-)

Kevin Callahan

Nov 10, 2010, 5:53:02 PM11/10/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
We're talking about the 8th? Sounds good to me :)

-k

John Smith

Nov 15, 2010, 3:39:42 PM11/15/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Next From the Hip:

Topic: Jquery Mobile for those phoneish-mobile-thingies
Time: Dec 8th, 5:30 pm
Location: Saco Design, Rockland, Maine
Afterhours: Black Bull, Rockland, Maine

Anyone notice they just released alpha 2 of Jquery Mobile? Can't wait
to see all the neat stuff it can do out of the box.

Sound good to everyone?

John Smith

Nov 15, 2010, 3:57:32 PM11/15/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
If this time looks good, let me know and I'll relay it to the news and
such, try to get some more turnout. Any other comments or questions?
Is that time good for everyone?

5iveLeaf Design Studio

Nov 15, 2010, 4:04:10 PM11/15/10
to From the Hip
Looks good.

Kevin Callahan

Nov 15, 2010, 4:07:05 PM11/15/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
looks good to me :)

-k

John Smith

Dec 8, 2010, 11:14:04 AM12/8/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Reminder, From The Hip is tonight! Hope to see you all there!

Topic: Jquery Mobile / Mobile Applications

Kevin Wentworth

Dec 8, 2010, 2:53:36 PM12/8/10
to from-t...@googlegroups.com
Directions to the Saco Design headquarters:

Located at 427 Main St., Rockland, ME
(We are located above EC Moran Insurance. We share the same hall as Anita Volpe.)

Go through the black door to the left of EC Moran, up the stairs to the first door on your right.

See you soon!  Office number is 221-3255 if you have questions.

-Kevin