Scrum/Agile methods get together soon

Kim Slawson

Oct 5, 2012, 9:16:19 PM10/5/12
to from-t...@googlegroups.com, Kevin Callahan, John Smith
Hey all. I talked with Kevin Callahan and we thought it'd be fun to get together again soon before the holiday season overtakes us all.

A discussion of "scrum" and "agile" theory and practice over food or drinks seems appropriate, with Kevin offering to lead.

What does everyone think, and where and when would we like to see this happen?

It'll be good to see everyone again!

Maggi Blue

Oct 9, 2012, 10:01:45 AM10/9/12
to from-t...@googlegroups.com, Kevin Callahan, John Smith
Hey all...I would love to, however, I'm not really in developer mode at all anymore. More just straight front end and print design. Not sure I could offer much up for you all on the nitty gritty tech end.

Now, if you didn't mind me just being a worthless designer in the mist of all you brainiacs...I'm in. :)

Maggi Blue | Designer

John Smith

Oct 10, 2012, 9:11:27 AM10/10/12
to Kevin Callahan, Maggi Blue, from-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

Wednesdays are typically out for me too, as generally are Thursdays (but
I could probably do Thursday if I had to). I think if I was going to
shoot for this I'd prefer the earlier setup due to kids, so I can try to
be back to help with bedtime around 8 or so.

What about meeting up for dinner and have a dinner conversation? What's
the best time during the week of October 22-26? What about Monday the
22nd for dinner and agile planning?

Is anyone else around besides Maggie, Kevin, myself, and Kim?

-J

On 10/9/2012 10:27 AM, Kevin Callahan wrote:
> The topic is approach-agnostic. In other words agile works independent
> of what you're trying to do, whether it's manufacturing, professional
> services, event planning, or tech. That said it's certainly not a
> panacea and requires an entirely new level of commitment,
> accountability, and engagement. Then again, it rewards highly those orgs
> and individuals that can play the game...
>
> I cannot do a Weds night; I know John's been pretty busy in the
> afternoons with coaching soccer. Depending on the number we're looking
> at and if people are willing to come out to Appleton I could host in my
> office, though it's about 12' square and houses 2 workstations. I could
> probably fit 6 comfortably and 8 or 9 could squeeze.
>
> Thinking starting around 7:30 or 8:00 so those of us with wee ones can
> get them tucked in first? Do Monday nights work?
>
> -k
>
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Maggi Blue <ma...@magpiecreative.com
> <mailto:ma...@magpiecreative.com>> wrote:
>
> Hey all...I would love to, however, I'm not really in developer mode
> at all anymore. More just straight front end and print design. Not
> sure I could offer much up for you all on the nitty gritty tech end.
>
> Now, if you didn't mind me just being a worthless designer in the
> mist of all you brainiacs...I'm in. :)

> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Kim Slawson <kimsl...@gmail.com
> <mailto:kimsl...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hey all. I talked with Kevin Callahan and we thought it'd be fun
> to get together again soon before the holiday season overtakes
> us all.
>
> A discussion of "scrum" and "agile" theory and practice over
> food or drinks seems appropriate, with Kevin offering to lead.
>
> What does everyone think, and where and when would we like to
> see this happen?
>
> It'll be good to see everyone again!
>
> --
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/from-the-hip?hl=en.
>

> --
> Maggi Blue | Designer
>
> Maggi Blue | Designer
>
> www.magpiecreative.com <http://www.magpiecreative.com/>
> www.dyelotcollective.com <http://www.dyelotcollective.com/>
> www.creativitychronicles.com <http://www.creativitychronicles.com/>
>
> Follow me: Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/maggiblue> Twitter
> <http://www.twitter.com/magpiecreative>
> Signature powered by
> <http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=footer>WiseStamp
> <http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=footer>

Kevin Callahan

Oct 10, 2012, 9:49:17 AM10/10/12
to John Smith, Kim Slawson, Maggi Blue, from-t...@googlegroups.com
My gmail address bounced back from the group; perhaps this one is on
the whitelist..

If this topic isn't of interest to anyone else, then perhaps it'll
just be the 4 of us :)

I can go early if needed, though it's not my preference; happy to go
with what works best for others though. Then again, John *does* tend
to just cause trouble where ever goes :)

If anyone is so moved to broadcast this topic outside of the group I
think that would be fine as well. At one point I was invited to
participate in a Juice Box that I was going to bring the topic to
though it got scheduled to happen on a night I was in CA for work...

I can do either Monday10/22 or Friday 10/26 at 5:30? Is there a
location that would both have seating and food and also some room for
a whiteboard, etc?

-k

Michael Kosowsky

Oct 10, 2012, 11:56:19 AM10/10/12
to from-t...@googlegroups.com

> Is anyone else around besides Maggie, Kevin, myself, and Kim?

I'm around, but looks like I'll be out of town the week of
the 22nd. Don't delay because of me, but I'll certainly
attend if it's a time I can make it. Most nights are okay
for me currently.

And for the progressives among you with iphones, check out

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/make-mitt-pay-pro/id563645327

(I didn't write it, but made a suggestion here and there.)

MK