Jackie Venson at frogstop in 3 weeks (Sunday, Aug. 11)

Frogstop House Concerts

Jul 22, 2019, 12:15:52 PM7/22/19
to Frogstop Concerts
While you're making reservations to join us here this Sunday for Missy Andersen 😀, please look ahead to Sunday, August 11, when we'll be welcoming Austin-based singer/songwriter/guitarist-extraordinaire Jackie Venson. We see big things ahead for Jackie, making this a great opportunity to enjoy her now in a small venue.

Reservations are available.

Cheers,
Cathy & Greg

          http://frogstop.org

          760-295-0222

Jackie Venson

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Concert: 7:30pm / Doors: 6:45pm

San Marcos

Picture
Adobe Falls House Concerts introduced us to Jackie Venson last year, and this year we're pleased to pay that forward by bringing her to North County San Diego. And we're especially happy to have a date on her current "Joy to the World" global tour, promoting her latest studio album "Joy", a tour which will see her playing shows all the way from Alaska to Austria and back! Jackie was named the 2019 Austin Music Awards “Guitarist of the Year” -- we think this is a great opportunity to see her locally in a small venue.

Obsessed with music from an early age, singer/songwriter Jackie Venson immersed herself in its study, attending the Berklee College of Music to practice classical piano. However, it wasn’t until she switched to the electric guitar, that her long-simmering passion for emotive live performance was realized. Abandoning the straight-laced world of classical for the raw power of blues and soul, Venson has since been tirelessly honing her skills into an intoxicating amalgam of Blues, Rock, R&B and Soul with deeply heartfelt lyrics.

"[She] demonstrates how fierce of a performer she is, with a natural stage presence and the skills to back it up."
- NPR

"Also known for her skill as a guitarist, Venson’s dynamic approach to music, honed as a student at Boston’s Berklee College, brings together blues, soul and pop in a way you’ve never heard before."
- Afropunk

"Joy showcases both Venson’s spellbinding guitar skills and her unique ability to blend blues, rock, R&B and soul into an idiosyncratic sound that’s unmistakably hers."
-Guitar Player Magazine

"Her muscular fretwork is balanced by a singing voice that radiates warmth and spirit."
- Chicago Sun Times

"Austin’s Jackie Venson fuses electric Hendrix-meets-Prince blues guitar and a panoply of synthesized voices and vibes, eagerly and fluidly passing through genres to never quite call one home. Genre-bending is à la mode today, but when orchestrated with her kind of finesse, it’s really the artist that becomes the genre."
- Premier Guitar

"Jackie Venson is truly an Austin legend in the making."
- Forbes

"With today’s modern rock overrun by formulaic pop-rock choruses, purposeless guitar solos, and desperate electronic bass integrations, Venson sets fire to the faux-rock sounds plaguing the airwaves. With veracity and candor, she has been winning fans over left and right through heartfelt lyrics, a powerful voice and unapologetic guitar work"
- Earmilk

"Austin blues guitarist Jackie Venson knows what it’s like to win audiences over, one note at a time."
- Guitar World Magazine

Check out Jackie Venson with this YouTube playlist.

More on Jackie Venson: https://jackievenson.com/

Concert: 7:30pm
Doors open: 6:45pm
Suggested donation $20 per person (all proceeds go to the artists)

The concert will be outdoors. (We'll send directions when you make your reservation.)