Hello everyone

Urizev

Aug 25, 2009, 2:25:31 AM8/25/09
to frogr-devel
Hi,

I am very interested in the project. I do not have too much free time
but I would like to help you as much as possible. I do not know how
you want to manage the project (milestones, coordination, people,
etc). Maybe you do not even know due to the youthness of the project.

I have experience programming and designing Graphical User
Interfaces. I was about to develop an application to perform a real
backup or a synchronization with flickr but as I said I do not have
time and when I saw your project I thought it could be a good
oportunity to develop a great desktop application for Flickr.

Tell me what I can do, please.

Regards

P.D: Al ver los miembros de las listas supongo que por ahora es un
proyecto hispano, ¿verdad?

Mario Sanchez Prada

Aug 25, 2009, 5:43:59 AM8/25/09
to frogr...@googlegroups.com
Urizev wrote:
> Hi,

It's great to see new faces hanging around the list. :-)
Welcome!

> I am very interested in the project. I do not have too much free time
> but I would like to help you as much as possible. I do not know how
> you want to manage the project (milestones, coordination, people,
> etc). Maybe you do not even know due to the youthness of the project.

Don't worry about the free time issue... none of us currently has too
much spare time and we just use to work in "chunks" of effort every now
and then... and that should not be a problem as the project does not get
stalled... and I'm pretty sure that's not the case here, at leas at this
moment ;-)

Regarding to coordination, milestones, people... well, we do not have
anything solid by this moment due to the early stage of the project and
its "bazaar" nature... the only "rule" we're following right now for
releases (well, only one release so far :P) is the "release early,
release often" approach, even though it's not easy to get new releases
as often as wished...

About coordination, current policy is just to send patches to the list
whenever a new contribution is ready, where we can discuss about it
before finally pushing it to the git repository (sending patches created
with git-format-patch is a great thing here, since I can take the patch
and directly apply it with git-am, preserving its original Author).

So, that's all... as you might guess, we're trying to keep everything as
much simple as possible, perhaps that's actually the only and main
"rule" after all... :-)

Of course, if you have any suggestion, do not hesitate and speak up.

> I have experience programming and designing Graphical User
> Interfaces. I was about to develop an application to perform a real
> backup or a synchronization with flickr but as I said I do not have
> time and when I saw your project I thought it could be a good
> oportunity to develop a great desktop application for Flickr.

That's great! UI design is a very important thing in an app and with
you're experience perhaps you could try to contribute in that way with
the project. I'm damm bad in UI design and, although Adrián has a better
knowledge (and taste) than me for those kind of issues, perhaps someone
more experienced than us could add great value to the project.

> Tell me what I can do, please.

Sorry, but I don't know what to tell you here... the project is in a so
early stage that I would not know what to suggest you to do :-)

Perhaps taking a look in the TODO file could help you, or even feel free
to propose new features and/or UI designs for the application if you
want. That would be a great contribution as well.

Btw, I heard through the grapevine Adrián had some mockups of a
"Preferences" dialog, which is missing at this moment. Perhaps he could
send it to this list and we all could discuss about it.

What do you think?

Mario

> P.D: Al ver los miembros de las listas supongo que por ahora es un
> proyecto hispano, ¿verdad?

[Spanish] Sí, actualmente el proyecto es hispano dado que todos somos de
habla hispana, pero lo recomendable es seguir usando Inglés siempre
(código, documentación, mails...) para mantener el proyecto abierto y
accesible a todo el mundo.