FileRepMalware

Sergio Nicolis

Jan 11, 2019, 8:28:09 PM1/11/19
to Friture
Hello friends, greetings from Brazil. I am trying to download this software, but my anti-virus is accusing infection by: "File RepMalware" how do I solve this question? Thank you very much.

Friture author

Jan 13, 2019, 7:44:45 AM1/13/19
to Friture
Hello Sergio,

Thanks for your interest in Friture! Sorry about that antivirus alert. "FileRepMalware" means that your antivirus could not evaluate the reputation of this package, because it is not signed. It does not actually contain any malware. Unfortunately, we do not produce signed installers for now, simply because getting a signing certificate costs money.

However, I have good news ! Friture is now available in the Windows Store (and always free) : Get Friture from Microsoft
This is the very same program, but it is verified and signed by Microsoft, so your antivirus should be happy about it.

I have updated the Friture download page so that everyone can benefit from this.

Thanks !

Timothée

Sergio Nicolis

Jan 14, 2019, 8:07:48 AM1/14/19