RBGH345 element

Dale

Apr 14, 2022, 10:50:15 AM4/14/22
to Frigidaire Flair
This is my first post since joining the group, but we have a problem. We have an RBGH345 double oven, and last night the small oven’s element exploded. Our local service guy was already scheduled to come for another problem, so I had him look at the oven. He said he wouldn’t touch it because he can no longer buy parts, and he doesn’t know if the explosion may have taken out other stuff.

So my question is, can I get a new small element for the left oven? Would anyone have any idea whether an exploding element may have taken out anything else?

Thanks,
Dale

Carol

Sep 6, 2022, 6:47:40 AM9/6/22
to Frigidaire Flair
Check Ebay. Wall ovens should be the same as the free standing ranges.

Dave Harnish

Sep 6, 2022, 2:49:15 PM9/6/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dale,

A blown bake element won't usually take anything else out in those.
There were no sensitive electronics used in the 60's models, and the
controls are pretty tough (contacts were made from solid chunks of pure
silver, etc).

That left small oven plug-in bake element will be really tough, but not
totally impossible, to find. The original Frigidaire part number was
7532554, subbed to the generic CH963 or RP963, also tough to find now.

Back in the days when the plug-ins first became hard to find, I'd wire
in an RP705 and fabricate a cover for the hole left back there when the
ceramic receptacle block was removed. (Now you know I'm also an
*antique*! ha ha) But the 705's have also gotten as scarce as those
proverbial hens' teeth now.

But as long as the right oven's working, don't give up. You have one of
the best ranges ever built, before - or especially since! There has to
be at least one of those elements still sitting on a shelf gathering
dust somewhere. I'd keep an eye on Ebay for one, even a used one. It's
amazing what shows up there from time to time!

And if you have an Ebay account, they'll notify you when one shows up.
Just run a search on the part number, and when the results come up,
click "save this search" near the top of the page, with a little heart
beside it.

Hope that rambling's of some help.

God bless you and yours,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
www.DavesRepair.com
d...@sosbbs.com

No Jesus, No Peace.
Know Jesus, Know Peace.

John 14:27
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/frigidaire-flair/bc3be400-c3b0-48ed-a70c-9fb4774c6debn%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/frigidaire-flair/bc3be400-c3b0-48ed-a70c-9fb4774c6debn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Elizabeth H Tillette

Sep 8, 2022, 1:26:38 PM9/8/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
Hello all. I have two Frigidaire Flair Custom Imperial ovens, early '60's model. All glass is intact, all knobs also. Both are on cabinets, but no vent hoods. Perfect for someone to either refurbish or harvest for parts. I can do neither. They need to be gone from the premises THIS WEEKEND. Located in Knoxville,TN. Must pick up and transport. My name is Hope. Let me know if interested, otherwise they will probably go to junk.
.
Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 6, 2022, at 14:49, Dave Harnish <daves...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Dale,
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to frigidaire-fla...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/frigidaire-flair/d3a72d48-8777-521a-539e-513654fd1d6a%40gmail.com.

Esther Smith

Sep 10, 2022, 8:36:54 AM9/10/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
If you aren’t already a member, and if you’re on Facebook, you should join the Fans of the Frigidaire Flair group. There are some helpful and  knowledgeable people there.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 6, 2022, at 3:47 AM, 'Carol' via Frigidaire Flair <frigidai...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Check Ebay. Wall ovens should be the same as the free standing ranges.

rhuc...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2022, 8:37:13 AM9/10/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com

Dale

I know how you feel…helpless!  I’ve had the same problem.   But there is hope.  First, remove the element from the left oven and check it for continuity with an ohmmeter.  If there is no continuity, the element is bad.   To get a replacement, I suggest contact with this company  to have a new element built.  You will have to send the bad element to them to use as a pattern for the replacement.

Antique Appliance restoration (antiqueappliances.com)

I wish you success!

RH

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Thomas Nichols

Sep 10, 2022, 12:47:56 PM9/10/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
DALE AND DAVID

I parted out 12 custom imperials and all the parts are in my garage
mostly from 1960 to 1963, those are my favorite years. I might have some
parts for a 1964.

I believe the same small element for the small oven can fit all those years including 1964.
The wall oven talked about is a 1964 according to the model number.

I have plenty of old used elements that I am sure will work in it, if you can't find anything new.

It's been awhile since I have made comments on the Frigidaire Flair group. Hope this can help
somebody.

Good luck to all of you, and it is great to see that people still have interest in these incredible ranges/stoves

My best to all of you

TOM NICHOLS

FRIGIDAIRE FLAIR
CUSTOM IMPERIAL