NEED Oven Door Gasket

J B

Aug 6, 2020, 12:23:55 PM8/6/20
to Frigidaire Flair
I have a RCDB-630-1 and am looking for anyone that has found a appliance shop that has been able to supply a good gasket to replace my OEM one?  I have been to some local shops and some online, without any success.  I am sure there are people out there that have been able to find a good supplier of replacement gaskets and would love a direction to pursue.

Thanks in advance.

Pix Smith

Aug 8, 2020, 9:21:50 AM8/8/20
to Frigidaire Flair
I have a friend who makes things in silicone, and I have one intact gasket. I am toying with the idea of asking her to make some. I can let  you know how that pans out.

On a side note, who approves posts for the group? I have one that has been hanging around for a long time, and it still hasn't appeared. I know there's low activity, but I see other posts since then. so was wondering if I need to email someone to get permissioned in. It's so nice that there's no junk in this group.

If anyone else is interested in the gasket thing, drop a post here. She does great work, and actually can make a large gasket from this small one that I have by extending the mold, or by 3-d modeling a master for it. The new technology is super great for this kind of thing!

J. Gordon Wolfe Jr.

Aug 8, 2020, 9:21:50 AM8/8/20
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
This stuff is kind of pricey, but seems to work ok on my RCI-645: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Frigidaire-Flair-Range-Oven-Door-Lining-Seal-Gasket-Material-BY-THE-INCH/153892800777

The seal isn’t perfect, but I think that’s mostly because my door mechanism doesn’t line up that well with the oven body. A lot better than the nonexistent seal I had anyway. I bought enough to do top and bottom on the small oven, and was going to look around and see if I can’t find a cheaper version for the big oven now that I know what works, but haven’t got around to it yet.

On Aug 6, 2020, at 12:23, J B <pba...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a RCDB-630-1 and am looking for anyone that has found a appliance shop that has been able to supply a good gasket to replace my OEM one?  I have been to some local shops and some online, without any success.  I am sure there are people out there that have been able to find a good supplier of replacement gaskets and would love a direction to pursue.

Thanks in advance.

nicholasbe...@hotmail.com

Aug 8, 2020, 12:37:21 PM8/8/20
to Frigidaire Flair
I'd be interested in the new custom gaskets at any cost!!

I'm just about done fully restoring my 645 and these oven door gaskets I've not found a replacement for.  Even PPG still had the original colour codes for the new paint job.

The one on ebay works only slightly well for the bottom gasket but the side gaskets have a more complex design.

BTW there is no top gaskets for the oven doors...they were meant to vent up there.  In fact the side gaskets fall short of the bottom gasket by 0.5in to allow circulation

TB

Aug 8, 2020, 12:37:21 PM8/8/20
to Frigidaire Flair
I’d be interested.
Tim

mebi...@harbornet.com

Aug 8, 2020, 6:50:01 PM8/8/20
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
yes i would be interested i this new molded gasket.
mrebigmac @harbornet.com

J B

Aug 12, 2020, 10:45:16 AM8/12/20
to Frigidaire Flair
Pix, Looks like there is some good interest in getting new gaskets.  Think you will be asking your friend is an option?

Steve

Aug 12, 2020, 11:18:58 AM8/12/20
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
Check out eBay item 153892800777