Numerical backplates for burner controls 1963 RCIB-645

guyinva_2005

Oct 29, 2017, 9:32:03 AM10/29/17
to Frigidaire Flair
I am looking for replacement, numerical/Temp back plates for the burner controls on a 1963 RCIB-645 Flair Imperial.
I enclosed a copy of the damaged ones I have now to give you a better understanding of what and why I need them.
I need the Heat Minder and the other 3 temp. controlling backs.
Thank you;
Jerry B.
Back.jpg

Dave

Oct 29, 2017, 1:22:14 PM10/29/17
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
I have a custom imperial and may have some dials for you. I will check them to see if they are the same. I am scrapping it out for parts so someone can keep theirs going. Don't know if they are the same but will check soon. Dave.    I think it is a 1964  or 65

Oct 29, 2017, 3:21:28 PM10/29/17
to 'Dave' via Frigidaire Flair
Thank you Dave.
I don't suppose there are NEW ones around anymore ? :) lol

Jerry

Nov 15, 2020, 8:07:49 AM11/15/20
to 'Dave' via Frigidaire Flair
Dave
Can you recommend anyone to rebuild my Heat Minder control switch or
where I can get another one that works ?

Thank  you ;
Jerry Burton Jr

Mark Michael

Jan 31, 2021, 3:31:48 PM1/31/21
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jerry.
There Is A Parts Company Is Pottsville, PA Called Affordable Appliance And They May Have A New Heat Minder For Your Frigidaire Flair Range And The Model Number Is Under Left Rear Surface Unit Burner You Would Need To Lift Up Burner And Remove Y Support And Drip Pan And Model Number Plate On Bottom Or Side Or Back Edge That The Best I Can Help You With And Here Is There Phone # (570) 622-6441

                 Thank You,
                 Mark M
               D/B/A Mark Merchandise

Jan 31, 2021, 3:52:52 PM1/31/21
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
Mark
Thank you. I will give them a call on Monday morning.

Best Regard's;
Jerry B

Mark Day

Jan 15, 2022, 7:59:05 AM1/15/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
there is a company that rebuilds controls that arent fried

Jan 16, 2022, 9:57:08 AM1/16/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com

Kathy Gillespie

Jan 27, 2022, 7:56:36 PM1/27/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday the red light, that indicated that a burner was on, stayed on and it won't go off. The burners are all off and they are cool. What should I do?

Dave Harnish

Jan 31, 2022, 9:10:37 AM1/31/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kathy,

I'm sorry to take so long to reply; I don't get to visit this list very
often. You may have this issue corrected already, but just on case:

One of your surface unit switches has a "stuck" set of pilot lamp
contacts. They're a small contact set and sometimes "weld" closed.

It could be any one of the four switches. To determine which one it is,
power the flair down, and remove the pilot lamp wire (usually the
smallest gauge wire, and yellow) from one of the switches. Tape the lead
off and power the range back up.

If the lamp is off now, you know that's the switch with the issue. If
it's still on, power down and repeat with each switch until the pilot
lamp stays off.

Back in the day we'd just replace the offending switch, but these days
it pays to carefully take one apart and see if the pilot contacts can
still be "unstuck' and cleaned up.

Hope that's helpful.

God bless you,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
www.DavesRepair.com
d...@sosbbs.com

No Jesus, No Peace.
Know Jesus, Know Peace.

John 14:27

On 1/17/2022 11:09 PM, Kathy Gillespie wrote:
> Yesterday the red light, that indicated that a burner was on, stayed on
> and it won't go off. The burners are all off and they are cool. What
> should I do?
>

> On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 6:57 AM 'J' via Frigidaire Flair
> <frigidai...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:frigidai...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
>
> Thank you Mark.
>

> On Saturday, January 15, 2022, 07:59:06 AM EST, Mark Day
> <mda...@gmail.com <mailto:mda...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> there is a company that rebuilds controls that arent fried
>

> On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 3:31 PM Mark Michael <mm93...@gmail.com
> <mailto:mm93...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Dear Jerry.
> There Is A Parts Company Is Pottsville, PA Called Affordable
> Appliance And They May Have A New Heat Minder For Your
> Frigidaire Flair Range And The Model Number Is Under Left Rear
> Surface Unit Burner You Would Need To Lift Up Burner And Remove
> Y Support And Drip Pan And Model Number Plate On Bottom Or Side
> Or Back Edge That The Best I Can Help You With And Here Is There
> Phone # (570) 622-6441
>
>                  Thank You,
>                  Mark M
>                D/B/A Mark Merchandise
>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 8:07 AM 'J' via Frigidaire Flair
> <frigidai...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:frigidai...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
>
> Dave
> Can you recommend anyone to rebuild my Heat Minder control
> switch or
> where I can get another one that works ?

> [...]

Mark Romans

Feb 2, 2022, 8:00:44 PM2/2/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
Kathy,

This happened a couple of years ago to my Flair. The red burner indicator light just stayed on. I let it be with no consequence until eventually I believe the light has burned out. The light no longer functions at all. My gut was telling me it was the fault of the speed heat dial but I have nothing to support that idea. Please let me know what you find out!

Thank you,

Mark

Kathy Gillespie

Feb 2, 2022, 8:00:44 PM2/2/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 31, 2022, at 6:10 AM, Dave Harnish <daves...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Kathy,
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to frigidaire-fla...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/frigidaire-flair/d6527a16-3904-1e68-8eb2-c3c53e610097%40gmail.com.

Kathy Gillespie

Feb 6, 2022, 2:33:59 PM2/6/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
My light went out on its own and now it works. My Flair is such a tease!

Sent from my iPhone

vichouse194

Feb 6, 2022, 5:56:38 PM2/6/22
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kathy and Mark, any suggestions on how I go about fixing my heat minder? It is red hot no matter the dial setting. I just found my first flair and I love it. It's a 1961 model and beautiful! Thank you. Tom

Sent from my Galaxy

Jason Walker

Feb 13, 2022, 11:11:28 AM2/13/22
to Frigidaire Flair
I have those dials I believe.  Will confirm tomorrow. I sell used Flair parts so I normally have dials available as well.
Feel free to email me at: jwa...@isacompany.com