1963 RCIB-645 Left small Oven will not bake

guyinva_2005

Nov 24, 2021, 5:58:49 PM11/24/21
to Frigidaire Flair
The left oven on my Frigidaire Flair, will not heat up on the bake setting, like 350, 400. What happens is that the broiler starts to heat. somewhat, you can feel it getting very warm but does not get red hot but the baking element in the bottom does nothing, ice cold. I put another, used thermostat on the left oven but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas ?, help.

Thanks Jerry B.

Thomas Nichols

Nov 24, 2021, 6:24:10 PM11/24/21
to 'guyinva_2005' via Frigidaire Flair
Jerry

It's a lot of work, but switch thermostats from right oven to left oven, I am assuming the right oven works fine.
get new or used broiler and baking elements, try those, they are pretty much plug and play
or remove dial and try and adjust the heat in the thermostat rod, there is a flat head screw in the middle of the shaft
sometimes the temperature can be adjusted that way, if your thermostat is working.
put a thermometer in the oven, and watch it as you make the adjustments with a very small flat head screw driver
if that does not work
replace the plug
the plug gets very old and can lose power with the loss of internal insulation, you can get them at lowes and home depot,
that might be a good place to start first, any way. good luck to you
I can work on the Flairs from 1960 to 1963, after that I'm not so good. I'm self taught on these Flairs
I'm in the auto repair industry, I tell people that these Flairs are built like an old fifties Buick. I think these Flair Ranges are
incredible. Good luck to you.

Every time, I send out my opinion, a bunch of other Flair lovers jump in with their opinions, hope all the advise helps

Happy thanksgiving

Tom Nichols
Los Angeles

On Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 02:58:51 PM PST, 'guyinva_2005' via Frigidaire Flair <frigidai...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

The left oven on my Frigidaire Flair, will not heat up on the bake setting, like 350, 400. What happens is that the broiler starts to heat. somewhat, you can feel it getting very warm but does not get red hot but the baking element in the bottom does nothing, ice cold. I put another, used thermostat on the left oven but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas ?, help.

Thanks Jerry B.

Rebecca Harkins

Nov 24, 2021, 11:57:52 PM11/24/21
to frigidaire-flair@googlegroups com
I had the same problem a few years back and my brother who works on appliances found out it was the heating element.  I found a new one and it works fine now.  He said there was a break on the inside of the element that did not show.  He had some kind of tester that could tell the current was being interrupted .  Hope this helps.