Question about metal stove top

Pix Smith

Aug 8, 2020, 9:21:50 AM8/8/20
to Frigidaire Flair
First, I've been using this stove for the last ten years or so, and love it. I have used the Meal Minder feature with great success, and it's amazing to think that it's technology from 60 years ago, and that it still works pretty well. Even the speed heat still works, and the only issue I've had is that the Heat Minder burner stopped working, but I haven't investigated that

It's a 1969-70 model, where they finally moved the controls to the range all the way to the right and put the clock/timer in the middle. I see so few photos of that one, that I am happy to upload some if there's interest. I need to adjust the (new and improved) door springs because the big oven door won't stay open without a stick, but I have gotten really good at managing that. I can see the adjustment, I just can't quite figure out how to do it.

However, here's the pressing issue. Tonight, while I was cooking, I noticed that the metal top of the stove (even about 6":  from the burner) was untouchably hot. Now, I think I would have noticed this in the past, but it's possible that it's been doing that the whole time; I don't think so though. Tonight I just used that new "feature" to keep food warm, but I need to address this. It happens with both burners on the left side -

I did recently remove and clean the drip pans - is it possible that somehow I replaced them in a way that allows them to transfer the heat to the metal top? It's localized to the area around the burners, and I honestly think it just started after my de yucking of the drip pans.

Thanks for any insight, and to everyone here with a love for the Flair.

Cheers,

Pix Smith
Arlington, TX

Larry Obern

Aug 9, 2020, 6:57:16 AM8/9/20
to frigidai...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Pix.

The drip pan shouls fit inside the ring.  It will get hot around the burners.  Mine did all the time, but it also depends on the size of the pan/pot.  If it is over the burners, the heat will transfer to the surface.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Android Device