Fwd: Hamilton Recreation Center

Maria Barry

Aug 28, 2015, 3:44:32 PM8/28/15
to friendsof16t...@googlegroups.com, 16thstna, pos...@googlegroups.com, CBE...@yahoogroups.com
A message from DPR!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stanley, Jackie (DGS) <jackie....@dc.gov>
Date: Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 3:35 PM
Subject: Hamilton Recreation Center

Good Morning Hamilton Community,

This email is to advise you that the Department of General Services (DGS) in partnership with the Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) will be performing ADA upgrades at Hamilton Recreation Center this fall/winter.   We will be remodeling the existing bathrooms to make them ADA accessible, as well as installing concrete ramps and railings on the exterior of the building for ADA access.  The budget for this project is for ADA upgrades only.

To perform the ADA upgrades the Recreation Center will be closed for 4-8 weeks.  We are  working closely with the DPR Area Managers to coordinate this logistically by finding the optimal dates for the closure.  As we get closer to a timeline for the repairs and closure we will be in contact with the community with more details.

The DPR project manager for this project is Peter Nohrden (peter....@dc.gov).  Feel free to contact either myself of Peter if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Jackie
Jackie Stanley
Community Outreach Coordinator
Department of General Services (DGS)
202-431-1195 (cell)

--

Friends of 16th Street Parks --supporting Hamilton and Upshur Parks
http://friendsof16thstreetparks.org/