Easter Egg Hunt at Upshur Park, Sat. April 13; Earth Day Clean Up and Celebration, Sat. April 20

Maria Barry

Apr 10, 2019, 10:47:11 AM4/10/19
to friendsof16t...@googlegroups.com
Spring is in the air and it’s time to get started on all things spring!

The Annual SSNA Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, April 13:

SSNA hosts this celebration for the community on Saturday, April 13 from 11 am till Noon. There will be three hunts, one at 11 am, one at 11:30 am and one at Noon. The hunts will take place on time so parents are asked to arrive early for their preferred hunt.

We welcome our co-sponsors for this event, The Friends of 16th Heights Parks and DPR.

VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED to clean the hunt area and cleanup after the event. If you would like to help, leave your contact information at ssn...@gmail.com, enter “Easter Egg” in the subject line.

Earth Day Clean up, 9:30 – 11:30, Saturday, April 20:

SSNA and Uptown Main Street are joining to bring together a cleanup, Spring/Earth inspired Umbrella Stroll and party at Upshur park with food and live music:

  • SSNA encourages neighbors to pick up trash throughout the neighborhood. The meeting place is 14th and Crittenden from 9:30 – 11:30, where SSNA will supply bags, rakes and gloves and encourage neighbors to pickup trash throughout the neighborhood, clean out storm drains, clean tree boxes, etc.
  • The Uptown Main Street Clean Team will spruce up the 14th Street commercial corridor from Spring Road to Decatur.

Earth Day Umbrella Stroll, Noon – 3 pm, Saturday, April 20:

Show your personality, your neighborhood spirit or your love of the earth by decorating your umbrella and joining us for a Parade! We’ll brighten up 14th Street with decorated umbrellas and live music before we head to Upshur Park for light refreshments and fun Earth Day activities for all ages.

  • Pre-Stroll Umbrella Decorating Social , Wednesday, April 17 from 5-7 PM at Andromeda Transcultural Health, 1400 Decatur Street, NW.
  • Earth Day Umbrella Stroll, 12- 3 PM, Starting Location: Andromeda Transcultural Health (1400 Decatur St. NW), Ending Location: Upshur Park (4300 Arkansas Ave. NW)

Also, April 20th kicks off the Uptown Farmers Market at 14th and Kennedy Street. The Market wins April 20th through November Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm!

See you around the parks and the neighborhood!

Cheers,

Maria

.