Shooting today at Hamilton Park

Maria Barry

Aug 18, 2016, 8:42:05 PM8/18/16
to friendsof16t...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Barry, Maria (ANC 4C02)" <4C...@anc.dc.gov>
Date: Aug 18, 2016 8:40 PM
Subject: Shooting today at Hamilton Park
To: "16th...@yahoogroups.com" <16th...@yahoogroups.com>, "friendsof16t...@googlegroups.com" <friendsof16t...@googlegroups.com>, "Tauqdah tau...@aol.com [CBENADC]" <CBE...@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "Maria Barry" <maria...@gmail.com>

Dear Neighbors,

I am out of town this week but I just received news that there was a shooting at Hamilton Park a few hours of ago. I have been in touch with Councilmember Todd, Channce Allen DPR site manager and neighbors on Hamilton Street to learn more about this incident. MPD is on the scene and is investigating.

As shocking as this is it seems no one was hurt. As neighbors and community members let's think together on how we can improve safety measures at our parks and public spaces.

I will ask Councilmember Todd and MPD to meet with us as a community in the next few weeks. I urge you to join me to ensure that the we have ample security cameras at the park and consistent MPD presence.

Best,
Maria

Get Outlook for Android