Planned Construction on Huron Valley Trail

Group Manager

Oct 3, 2010, 3:13:07 PM10/3/10
to Friends of the Huron Valley Trail
The Michigan Dept. of Transportation is planning reconstruction of the
I-96 bridge over the Huron Valley Trail in Lyon Township in 2011. The
trail will be closed in the spring of 2011.
On October 13, 2010 there will be an opportunity to express your
concerns and suggest a detour route during the construction period.
Stop by the Lyon Township Municipal Center from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
to share you ideas and be a part of the planning process.

Lyon Township Municipal Ctr.
58000 Grand River Ave. (1/2 mile west of Milford Rd.)
New Hudson, MI

CoxClan

Oct 14, 2010, 10:14:14 PM10/14/10
to Friends of the Huron Valley Trail
We picked up the last flyer on this at Old Plank Rd just N of Pontiac
Trail on the 13th. The flyer said "under the railroad bridge" and may
have confused others as it did us. How did the 13th evening go? Any
chance for a flashing sign crossing Pontiac Trail just E of Milford?
We've ridden from Wixom to South Lyon on this trail and that's got to
be 1 of the most dangerous cross overs...

Group Manager

Oct 15, 2010, 11:42:24 AM10/15/10
to Friends of the Huron Valley Trail
Personal from MDOT provided an overview and details of the bridge
construction projects on I-96 in Lyon Township. Four bridge projects
will be conducted simultaneously starting in early 2011. Aerial
photographs and maps outlined the scope of bridge replacement at the
Huron Valley Trail and rehabilitation work on three (3) other bridges;
Milford Rd., Kent Lake Rd. and the Huron River.
Trail users reviewed the project and developed a suggested detour
route during the closure of the HVT at I-96. MDOT will study the
suggested detour route for feasibility.
Regarding the previous comment about the safety of the HVT crossing of
Pontiac Trail (the road). Personnel from MDNR have indicated they
wish to have a bridge built to alleviate the hazardous crossing at
Pontiac Trail.