Redwood Forests Like Aranya Bodhi Hermitage "Unparalleled Tool in Fighting Climate Change"

Tathaaloka Bhikkhuni

Feb 17, 2016, 12:47:08 PM2/17/16
to Friends of the Hermitage
Dear friends of the hermitage,

I came across a news article in the HuffPost today from two years ago, but with some very new information to me. Although i and we are intimately involved with the regrowing of several hundred acres of redwood forest, and we think about our off-grid hermitage as being something wonderful for the environment, i never knew about this!

According to the article, redwood forests such as ours "may also be an unparalleled tool in fighting global warming"  -- how awesome is that 😊 .

"Redwood and Climate Change Initiative...[r]esearchers found...that redwood forests can store up to three times more carbon than non-redwood forests worldwide."

I leave you with this photo from the last day of my secluded retreat time at the hermitage, heart brimming with gratitude to all, and for all things.

Inline image 1
from the back deck of Freedom Kuti, Aranya Bodhi
mix of sun and rain showers, and a rainbow stretching the whole length of the canyon

with much mettā,
Ayyā Tathālokā
​

PS. Welcome to post your own awesome hermitage photos, important news from hermitage visits, hermitage needs and projects, etc. to this group