Help needed at Aranya Bodhi Hermitage

Maryann Marks

Feb 4, 2014, 12:46:41 PM2/4/14
to friends-of-t...@googlegroups.com
At Aranya Bodhi Hermitage, we appreciate the support of women who come here to offer work practice Dana. There are now opportunities for more regular volunteers, whether for a day, overnight, or a longer visit.

During the next 6 weeks, our most essential needs will be for driving, (including medical appointments and visits between hermitage and the Dhammadharini Vihara in Santa Rosa), delivering groceries (weekly), delivering propane (every other week), and taking out the trash. There will also be fun outside projects to come in the realm of trail clearing and painting.

To learn more about volunteering at Aranya Bodhi, write to dhammadharini.4volunteers@gmail.com.  You may also join our volunteers community and sign up for specific activities through our page at Lotsa Helping Hands.

And if you wish to combine your kind service with an overnight or longer visit, we have a warm, dry quiet kuti for you. Those who have visited in the past will appreciate how our newly built kitchen is complete with pure potable tap water, abundant inside pantry space, good electric light, and even wi-fi! We've noticed how the kitchen dining nook is a lovable space for quiet reading or conversation.  Another big improvement is a new propane fireplace in our Dhamma Sala Yurt, making it comfortable for meditation any time of day or night. And if you are interested in longer term stewardship, please start here.