Winter Retreat Sit & Serve Opportunities > at Aranya Bodhi Hermitage and Dhammadharini Monastery this winter

1 view

❧ Aranya Bodhi Hermitage

Nov 6, 2020, 10:27:59 PM11/6/20
to Dhammadharini, Friends of Friends of the Hermitage, Dhammadharini Monastery
Dear Dhamma friends -

We are delighted to let you know that we have several volunteer opportunities available for friends to live, serve, and practice COVID-safe with our Dhammadharini Bhikkhunis' community this winter at Aranya Bodhi Hermitage, and also at Dhammadharini Monastery.

We have space available for:
  • At Aranya Bodhi: A volunteer whose primary role will be as kitchen manager, and cook community meals.
  • At Aranya Bodhi: A forestry steward, whose role will include forestry maintenance for fire safety, as well as trail maintenance, fire wood, and other outdoor tasks. See attached postcard for more details.
  • At Aranya Bodhi: A general hermitage steward who may help with cooking, cleaning, maintenance, driving, and other miscellaneous tasks.
  • At Dhammadharini Monastery: A general monastery steward who may participate in cooking, cleaning, yard work, driving, and miscellaneous tasks.

These residential volunteer opportunities are available during our winter retreat time (January through March). We would especially welcome candidates who can join us before then, to allow time to complete quarantine and be settled into the community before retreat begins. Due to the necessary care for COVID protocols, we are seeking friends who may stay with the community for at least one month, with a preference for those who can arrive before winter retreat and serve the entire retreat. Priority will be given to applicants who have visited our community before, or stayed and served at one of our closely related monastic communities previously. All applicants must be happily willing to follow our COVID-safe protocols (welcome to inquire). For Aranya Bodhi Hermitage opportunities: reply to this email.
For Dhammadharini Monastery opportunity: reply to monastery (monastery email is CC'd here).

If you are interested in joining us for this quiet winter time of practice and mindful work, we welcome you to be in touch!

With metta,
The Dhammadharini Community

P.S. welcome to share the attached brochure if you know someone you think would be interested.
--
Aranya Bodhi Awakening Forest Hermitage on the Sonoma Coast
the forest hermitage of our Dhammadharini Bhikkhuni Sangha