Volunteers Welcome > this Weekend at Aranya Bodhi Hermitage (Dec 3rd & 4th) - RSVP

1 view

❧ Aranya Bodhi Hermitage

Dec 1, 2016, 6:17:46 PM12/1/16
to Friends of the Hermitage, Dhammadharini Google Group post
Dear friends of the hermitage,

Some friends have generously offered to come up this weekend (Dec 3rd & 4th) to help support the winterizing of the hermitage. This is very timely and helpful, and we thought to open up the opportunity ~

If you're feeling tired of the holiday crowds and like you'd like to get some good fresh air and exercise here in the forest with fellow meditators and Dhamma friends, while offering something of benefit for our bhikkhunis' community this weekend -- welcome!  We have volunteer tasks for all strength and energy levels.

If you'd like to join in, please be in touch with Sr Niyyanika at this email: awakeni...@gmail.com.

It's possible to come for just one day, or to spend the night on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. There are very limited warm kuti (little one-room cabin) accommodations, and no camping this time of year. Please think of bringing food to share. Be sure to let us know if you need a shuttle up the hill, directions, new gate code, etc.

Bonuses: Ayya Tathaloka plans to offer Dhamma reflection on Saturday, and Ayya Suvijjana on Sunday. There will be optional chanting and meditation time together each morning and evening.

For questions about what to bring, etc., please take a look at the Visiting Our Hermitage and Day Visit pages, and if you'd like to stay overnight, see this page and the Eight Precepts page too.

Peaceful metta radiating out to all,
from all hermitage dwellers in the Awakening Forest

--

"Beautiful in the beginning,
beautiful in the middle,