Visiting Aranya Bodhi Hermitage in 2014

Aranya Bodhi Hermitage

May 2, 2014, 7:43:39 PM5/2/14
to friends-of-t...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

You are welcome to visit the Aranya Bodhi Hermitage. Right now is the most beautiful time of year, with mild weather, spring flowers, and fun work projects to do.

   ~ Our physical infrastructure has recently been improved for a more comfortable and dignified experience, with the addition of a new kitchen, shower block, accessible kuti, and sangha hall.
    ~ Our remaining work projects are well within the range of what volunteers can do in the realm of sprucing up, cleaning, fixing, and beautifying our spaces.
    ~ After the heavy burden of practical work in Aranya Bodhi's first few years, we have stabilized in a simple monastic form which supports meditation, mindfulness in all the postures, and focus on the Dhamma.

Over the past nine months, Ayya Sobhana has stayed at the hermitage together with one or two other visitors who stayed for periods from two weeks up to several months. Now we anticipate the arrival of several new lay stewards and monastic life aspirants, gradually bringing the population up to four or five by the beginning of Vassa in mid July.  We also expect Ayya Tathaaloka and Ayya Suvijjana to frequently come out from the Dhammadharini Vihara to spend time with us at hermitage.

There is still space from May up to mid-July, for visitors to come for service retreat — staying for a week up to a month or longer and joining in our regular monastic form.  Then from September through our rainy winter retreat time, we hope to welcome one or two new longer term lay stewards.

It is also possible to arrange a special one day or weekend service visit for your circle of friends or sangha group.

You participation would bring joy to us, and help make our hermitage physical spaces more convenient, serene and beautiful for practice. If you can help, write to awakeningforest. Welcome to share this note.