Return ticket

Maria McCarthy

Aug 7, 2018, 5:58:52 PM8/7/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com

Can you please advise how you handled the return ticket requirement?  My friend has an expired return ticket, that we can pay the penalty, and change. If the “intent” is to stay 14 days, should we just get for the 14 days?  How about if they are granted the right to stay longer, and he wants to stay, and/or shorter, then we have to change again?

Thanks!

K Lampon

Aug 7, 2018, 6:12:14 PM8/7/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
Hello Maria

14 days I feel is to short. He can detox in that time frame, but he should stay longer to help his mental recovery. Meaning  getting  involved and helping with the new people who comes to the temple.

If he's from the USA he only has 30 days to stay in Thailand if he didn't get a visa. He can extend it either going outside and returning or going to immigration for an extension. But I think it's only once for an extension.

I live in Thailand and if you would like to contact me send me a personal email and I'll be happy to talk to you.

Kevin

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018, 11:58 PM Maria McCarthy <marm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you please advise how you handled the return ticket requirement?  My friend has an expired return ticket, that we can pay the penalty, and change. If the “intent” is to stay 14 days, should we just get for the 14 days?  How about if they are granted the right to stay longer, and he wants to stay, and/or shorter, then we have to change again?

Thanks!

The OFFICIAL Thamkrabok Monastery website is http://www.wat-thamkrabok.org
INDEPENDENT information can be found at http://www.thamkrabok.net
BUDDHIST RECOVERY information can be found at http://www.5th-precept.org
HUNGRY GHOST RETREAT information can be found at http://www.HungryGhostRetreats.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Friends of Thamkrabok Monastery" group.

Maria McCarthy

Aug 7, 2018, 6:46:37 PM8/7/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com

Hello Kevin, Thank you!  I sent to his family/friends to compile a list of questions.

Would you be open to get on a video conference call?  It’s free, I would need to send you a link, and anyone with the link can connect.    So a couple of his friends and family would be able to join too.

K Lampon

Aug 7, 2018, 6:52:15 PM8/7/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
Sure that's. Fine.. I'm currently in Madrid will be here for 2 days.

Let me know when it's a good time.

Kevin

seda aydin

Aug 7, 2018, 6:54:57 PM8/7/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maria. I think there are a couple things that must be kept in mind.
Only the part people drink a herbal mixture for physical detox takes 5 days. Spending 9 days on top of that doesn't sound like long enough for a mental recovery.
Once he checks out the monastery he can't return for another detox. He has only one shot to use his time in the monastery for a complete recovery.

Maria McCarthy

Aug 7, 2018, 11:26:50 PM8/7/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Seda!  So you would suggest, buying the ticket, for the longest time, that the visa allows, which is approximately 23 days.  Any chance the High Monk won’t allow him to extend, if my friend’s willing to stay longer?

Aug 10, 2018, 5:35:40 PM8/10/18
to friends-of-tham...@googlegroups.com
Je n'ai pas lu ce message épris de bon sens à l'époque où j'enteprenais mon sejour à thamkrabok et malgré que mon état c'est amélioré considérablement depuis cette expérience, j'aurai du entendre ce message  au plus profond de mon  coeur. J'ai écourté ma venue au monastère de 7 jours. .... mon esprit aurait pu tenir ces 7 derniers jours
Merci

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.