Roxy Gagdekar in US, Oct. 24 - Nov. 7

Henry Schwarz

Oct 23, 2011, 10:19:02 PM10/23/11
to friends-of-b...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

Please consider inviting Roxy Gagdekar to your school or church meeting. He has some extraordinary stories to tell.

Roxy Gagdekhar of Budhan Theater of Ahmedabad, India is a prominent journalist in English, and is a producer of a radical theater group
that is literally transforming the lives of gypsy people oppressed by police brutality. He is a member of an indigenous nomadic tribe
that was forcibly settled in the early 20th C. and continues to experience extraordinary persecution. His work has been passionately
documented by Mahasweta Devi and Gayatri Spivak, among others.
      Roxy comes equipped with a 70 minute video documentary about his people that is fresh from its World Premiere at the Busan
International Film Festival.  I think you will enjoy meeting him. I would be delighted to send you substantial links to his published
journalism.
      You can learn a lot very quickly through these links:

dontbeatmesir.com
budhantheatre.org
adivasiakademi.org.in

I look forward to speaking with you further.

All best,

Henry Schwarz

--
Henry Schwarz