Friday 5: Native American Resources

Lucy Gray

Nov 9, 2007, 7:56:02 PM11/9/07
to Friday 5
Hi All -

Teachers at my school are working on various units related to Native
American history, so I thought I'd put together a simple list of
resources this week.

I'll have more to share in the next few weeks as I'm attending various
ed tech events...

Take care,

Lucy Gray
elem...@gmail.com

---------

Friday 5: Native American Resources

1) Library of Congress Main Reading: An Annotated Reading List of
Websites: Indians of North America: Tribes and Nations
http://www.loc.gov/rr/main/alcove9/indians/indians.html

Immigration: Destroying the Native American Cultures
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/ndlpedu/features/immig/native_american.html

2) Native Americans - Internet Resources
http://falcon.jmu.edu/~ramseyil/native.htm

3) Carnegie Museum of Natural American Indians and the Natural World
http://www.carnegiemnh.org/exhibits/north-south-east-west/index.html

4) Native Wiki
http://www.nativewiki.org/Main_Page

5) Mr. Donn's Native Americans/First People Lessons & Activities
http://www.mrdonn.org/nativeamericans.html

6) Native American: National Geographic World Music
http://worldmusic.nationalgeographic.com/worldmusic/view/page.basic/genre/content.genre/native_american_759

7) Read Write Think: November is National American American Heritage
Month
http://www.readwritethink.org/calendar/calendar_day.asp?id=618