Friday 5: Cool Sites

1 view

Lucy Gray

Sep 25, 2009, 10:30:32 AM9/25/09
to Friday 5
Hi All -

For the past month, I've been babbling about interesting web sites for
kids and teachers at Vocalo.org (http://vocalo.org/), Chicago's first
user-generated content radio station. It's an initiative of our local
NPR affiliate and it broadcasts on the internet and at 89.5 if you're
in the Chicago/Northern Indiana area. The station is a really
interesting concept and I think a sign of the ways things will go with
radio.

Anyway, I thought I'd share 5 of my favorites from this series with
you today. Enjoy!

1) Eduweb's Portfolio
http://www.eduweb.com/portfolio/portfolio.php
Interactive games for kids

2) Sumo Paint
http://www.sumopaint.com/home/
A free online image editing tool

3) WildEarth.tv
http://www.wildearth.tv/home
Great webcam tours of a wildlife reserve in South Africa

4) The National Day of Writing
http://www.ncte.org/dayonwriting
Starting in October, you can contribute to your own gallery of
writing! This is a great initiative to focus on all kinds of writing.

5) Interactive Exhibits from the Library of Congress
http://myloc.gov/Exhibitions/Pages/default.aspx
Explore primary source materials and much more at this very cool and
creative site.

Lucy Gray