Recent Google Finds

Lucy Gray

Apr 21, 2012, 10:05:48 AM4/21/12
to fri...@googlegroups.com
Friday 5: April 20, 2012  Recent Google Finds

I’ve been prepping for various conferences that are coming up in the next few months and in the course of updating my presentation materials, I’ve found some useful and intriguing Google related resources.

Enjoy,

Lucy

Some example of teacher created site using Google Products:

Vernal Ponds Projects
https://sites.google.com/site/vernalpondsproject/

Good example of using Google Sites to support student learning.

Science Notebooking
http://www.sciencenotebooking.blogspot.com/

This is an example of how one teacher has used Blogger to document her work with science teachers.

A recent Google collaboration:

Nelson Mandela Digital Archives
http://archive.nelsonmandela.org/

Google was instrumental in making this great site happens. A great repository of primary source material!

Two practical Google tool tips:

Using Google Docs Self-Grading Quiz as an Exit Ticket
http://d97cooltools.blogspot.fr/2012/02/googledocs-self-grading-quiz-efficient.html

Using QR Codes in the Elementary Classroom and Using QR Codes to Create Them
http://insidetheclassroomoutsidethebox.wordpress.com/2012/04/08/ways-to-use-qr-codes-in-the-elementary-classroom-and-using-google-docs-to-create-them/

Find the Friday 5 on:

Google Groups: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/friday5
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/friday5edu