The Friday 5 List Revival

Lucy Gray

Apr 7, 2012, 12:07:46 AM4/7/12
to fri...@googlegroups.com
After many months of neglect, I'm reviving the Friday 5 and cross-posting a thematic list of web sites to Facebook, Twitter, and our previously dormant Google Group. Now you can select your favorite method of delivery! I suppose I should add Pinterest at some point, too.

This week’s theme is simply excellent resources and blog posts that I’ve come across recently. There should be something for everyone in this quick list.

Hot Apps 4 Hots http://goo.gl/y0XXz
If you’re an iPad aficionado, you must check out this excellent iBook professional development resource. This is my inspiration for developing future workshop materials!

Hack Education: The Audrey Test”: Or, What Every Techie Should Know About Education http://goo.gl/SRTLh
I highly recommend Audrey Watter’s blog in general, and this particular blog post is essential reading for entrepeneurs and classroom teachers alike. Do you know the answers to questions posed here?

Presentation Zen: Videos to Help You Rethink Education, Learning & School http://goo.gl/8cmVi
Garr Reynolds’ post goes beyond his usual guidance on presentation design and gives everyone a refreshing list of videos by various thought leaders on education.

TED Ed: Lessons Worth Sharing http://goo.gl/82gOr
TED is famous for making widely available its incredible series of lectures from its various conferences. They’ve taken these lectures a step further, identifying TED talks that are particularly useful to classroom teachers and enhancing them with additional animation.

Springwise: QR Codes Embedded Into Art on Ceramic Tiles http://goo.gl/g2Jzb
This isn’t specifically an education project, but I could see this concept easily incorporated into K12 art projects.

Thanks to Christina Hayward for suggesting that I get this going again. Have a good week, and hopefully, I’ll remember to post another list next week! :)

Lucy Gray

Find the Friday 5 on:

Google Groups: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/friday5
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/friday5edu