Friday 5: Newsletters - 2nd Try

Lucy Gray

Oct 26, 2007, 12:21:16 AM10/26/07
to Friday 5
Ooops....Here's the non-html version:

Hi Everyone -

I know I've been MIA, but it's been a busy couple of weeks. Here's a
double list of sites where you can sign up for newsletters. I tend to
get information via RSS and news aggregator software these days, but I
realize that this is still a pretty new concept to teachers. Many of
youstill prefer to learn about new teaching ideas, products, and
events by subscribing to good "old-fashioned" e-newsletters. If you
know of any other newsletters worth perusing, please let me know and
I'll add your suggestions to this list.

Thanks,

Lucy Gray
elem...@gmail.com

All Kinds of Minds Newsletter Archives
http://www.allkindsofminds.org/newsletter.aspx

Dr. Mel Levine is a neurologist who specializes in treating kids with
learning differences.

ALTEC Newsletter
http://www.altec.org/index.php?screen=aboutus

This is a newsletter from the people who brought us the fabulous
Rubistar among many other great resources.

Annenberg Foundation's Learner.org Newsletter
http://www.learner.org/mailman/listinfo/updates

Blue Web'n Weekly Update
http://www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/bluewebn/updates.cfm

Blue Web'n is a classic site for finding the best sites on the web.

Education World Contact Center
http://www.educationworld.com/maillist.shtml

Education Worlds publishes a plethora of newsletters. I wish they were
available via RSS!

Eduptopia Magazine
http://edu.magserv.com/cgi-bin/subscribe?qt=new&ot=controlled

Hands down, Edutopia is my favorite online educational resource and
their magazine is exceptional, too.

The Family Center on Technology and Disability
http://www.fctd.info/resources/newsletters/index.php

George Lucas Educational Foundation/Edutopia Newsletter
http://www.edutopia.org/node/3369

In addition to the Edutopia magazine (see above), GLEF publishes a few
e-newsletters.

Inspiration Software Newsletter - Flashes
http://www.inspiration.com/subscribe/

Inspiration now has an online community. My new school recently
purchased InspireData and I'm looking forward to learning more about
this program.

Librarians' Internet Index: News This Week
http://lii.org/pub/htdocs/subscribe.htm

Library of Congress's Learning Page Newsletter
http://www.educationworld.com/maillist.shtml

Middleweb | Middle School Newsletters
http://www.middleweb.com/mw/aaSignUp.html

National Geographic Education Update
http://newsletters.nationalgeographic.com/p/National%20Geographic%20Society/SRP_Education

Newsletter@Web English Teacher
http://www.webenglishteacher.com/newsletter.html

November Learning: Mailing List Signup
http://visitor.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1101121363903&lang=en

Primary Source Learning - Library of Congress Teacher Treasures
Newsletters
http://www.primarysourcelearning.org/teach/treasure/index.shtml

SchwabLearning.org Publications
http://www.schwablearning.org/resources.aspx?g=7&s=5

SchwabLearning.org is focused on learning disabilities, and it's a
great resource. They also have a great site for kids called Sparktop,
which helps kids think about how they learn best.

Smithsonian Education Newsletter
http://smithsonianeducation.org/tools/subscribe.asp

T.H.E. Journal Newsletters
https://newsletters.1105pubs.com/nl/THE.do?

T.H.E publishes several newsletters including one called Eduhound.

Teachers' First Newsletter
http://www.teachersfirst.com/signup.cfm

Teacher Magazine: News and Information for Teachers
https://c4.erightsweb.com/edweek/show/registration/registerUser.do?sitecode=tm