Friday 5: Pageflakes

Lucy Gray

Jan 7, 2008, 12:11:58 AM1/7/08
to Friday 5
Hi All -

I've been wrestling with a quick and easy way to direct students to
relevant web sites. Our new web site management system is great, but a
little clunky for quickly adding links. We have a wiki that will serve
as a repository for curricular resources, but again, it takes time to
add links to this. I also have envisioned one page of links for kids
to reference, so that little ones in particular do not have to do a
lot of web browser navigating.

So, the other day after speaking with technoguru principal, Tim Lauer,
about how he keeps web sites up to date on his school's machines, I
decided to try Pageflakes (http://www.pageflakes.com/).

Here is a tutorial wiki on Pageflakes that explains everything you
need to know:

Techwithme: PageFlakes for Education
http://techwithme.pbwiki.com/PageFlakes+For+Education

And, here are the ones I created for teachers at NKO focused on
currently taught math topics:

NKO Pageflakes Home
http://www.pageflakes.com/NKO/19739953

PreK-1 Cluster
http://www.pageflakes.com/NKO/19741294

2-3 Cluster
http://www.pageflakes.com/NKO/19739840

4-5 Cluster
http://www.pageflakes.com/NKO/19739844

Research and Resources
http://www.pageflakes.com/NKO/19739845

Fun For Kids
http://www.pageflakes.com/NKO/19739851

Teacher Sites
http://www.pageflakes.com/NKO/19739930

These pages are works in progress, so stay tuned!

Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year,

Lucy Gray