Issues with )spool -ed algebra output (issue 167)

Grégory Vanuxem

Jun 15, 2024, 12:21:48 PMJun 15
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The issue : https://github.com/fricas/fricas/issues/167

I put it here for information, I do not master mail/github issues
interactions (markdown etc.).

Inadvertently I used FriCAS on top of Clozure CL and the spool system
command, I usually built two versions of Fricas (SBCL and CCL). And
it behaves differently than FriCAS built with SBCL.

The issue mentioned on object is/seems not present with CCL. The
algebra output is spooled.

Some time ago I quickly looked at the jFriCAS (Jupyter support) code
to make it also support Clozure CL, but without success without
looking more in CL implementation internals. I noticed the following,
they handle differently *standard-output* and *terminal-io*. That can
be related to this issue and can eventually help its resolution.

Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.12.2 (v1.12.2-22-g62184cba) LinuxX8664

For more information about CCL, please see http://ccl.clozure.com.

CCL is free software. It is distributed under the terms of the Apache
Licence, Version 2.0.
? *terminal-io*
#<ECHOING-TWO-WAY-STREAM input #<BASIC-CHARACTER-INPUT-STREAM UTF-8
(TTY/0) #x3020004BD46D>, output #<BASIC-CHARACTER-OUTPUT-STREAM UTF-8
(TTY/1) #x3020004BCADD> #x3020004DF7ED>
? *standard-output*
#<SYNONYM-STREAM to *TERMINAL-IO* #x3020004BACAD>
?

This is SBCL 2.4.4, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses. See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.
* *terminal-io*
#<SYNONYM-STREAM :SYMBOL SB-SYS:*TTY* {100000C933}>
* *standard-output*
#<SYNONYM-STREAM :SYMBOL SB-SYS:*STDOUT* {100000B043}>
*

FriCAS Computer Algebra System
Version: FriCAS 2024-04-15 built with openmcl 1.12.2
Timestamp: sam. 15 juin 2024 17:53:33 CEST
Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
Issue )quit to leave FriCAS and return to shell.

(1) -> )spool out.txt

(1) -> erfi(3)

(1) erfi(3)
Type: Expression(Integer)