This is copy of the annoucemnt I posted in newsgroups:
FriCAS is an advanced computer algebra system. Its capabilities
range from calculus (integration and differentiation) to abstract
algebra. It can plot functions and has integrated help system.
FriCAS 1.3.7 should build on Linux and many Unix like systems (for
example Mac OSX and Cygwin). FriCAS is build on top of Common Lisp;
several Lisps can compile and run FriCAS -- currently supported are
SBCL, Clisp, ECL, Closure CL (former OpenMCL).
Old project page:
Main documentation page:
Mailing list. Please sign up before posting a message.
Notable changes (compared to version 1.3.6):
- Added new formatting framework.
- The FRICASsys binary will use its parent directory when
FRICAS environment variable is not set.
- Polynomial rings are now of FreeModuleCategory.
- Removed remains of obsolete commands.
- Small improvements to integrator.
Bug fixes, in particular:
- Fixed various build problems.
- Fixed tests for bad reduction during polynomial factrization and GCD.
- Worked around buffer overflow with large process identifiers.
- Removed non-Unicode default for sbcl.