FunctionSpace&(%, Integer) ???

Ralf Hemmecke

Jul 3, 2024, 2:50:14 AMJul 3
to fricas-devel
I do the following:

Search for Constructor "Expression" in the Browse window of HyperDoc.
Enter R=Integer.
Klick on "Operations", then "eval", then "Implementations.
At the 4th bullet I see "by domain FunctionSpace&(%, Integer):".

That puzzled me a bit, because the sources say:

FunctionSpace(R : Comparable) : Category == Definition where

i.e. there is only one parameter. Why prints HyperDoc a % as the first
parameter? Or is this a specific thing for default domains that I never
came across before?

Ralf

Waldek Hebisch

Jul 3, 2024, 10:08:46 AMJul 3
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
Default domains have one extra parameter, namely current domain.
Normally this is hidden, but shows up in HyperDoc. Sometimes
this shows in Spad code, for example in 'expr.spad' we have:

ESD ==> ExpressionSpace2_&(%, K)

used to access signatures from default domain that otherwise would
be hidden by override in Expression.
--
Waldek Hebisch