A multi-dimensional array domain

Neven Sajko

Dec 11, 2021, 5:40:34 AM12/11/21
to fricas-devel
It seems like there's no domain for arrays with an arbitrary number of
dimensions? Why is that so? Should such a domain be added?

I guess that a good way to implement such a domain would be to use one
PrimitiveArray for the dimensions and one PrimitiveArray for the
elements?

Thanks,
Neven

Ralf Hemmecke

Dec 11, 2021, 11:18:42 AM12/11/21
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
On 11.12.21 11:39, Neven Sajko wrote:
> It seems like there's no domain for arrays with an arbitrary number of
> dimensions? Why is that so? Should such a domain be added?

Are you sure? That none of the domains listed here does exactly that
what you want?

http://fricas.github.io/search.html?q=array

Why have I invested so much time to make the search on the website
working...? ;-)

> I guess that a good way to implement such a domain would be to use one
> PrimitiveArray for the dimensions and one PrimitiveArray for the
> elements?

I do not exactly understand what you actually mean by that?
Even PrimitiveArray is not as primitive as it is in Aldor. In FriCAS, an
element of PrimitiveArray(S) is an array v of values where the size of
the array can be computed via #v. Isn't that what you would want?

Ralf