Apple login

Alan Karp

Jun 24, 2022, 7:22:39 PM6/24/22
to <friam@googlegroups.com>
Something came up in today's meeting about something I was going to verify about logging into Apple, but I don't remember what it was.  Do any of you?

--------------
Alan Karp

๏̯͡๏ Jasvir Nagra

Jun 24, 2022, 7:35:13 PM6/24/22
to fr...@googlegroups.com
I think it was finding username/password fields on apple.com that uses their new passkey login system.

--
Jasvir Nagra

Alan Karp

Jun 24, 2022, 8:16:49 PM6/24/22
to <friam@googlegroups.com>
Thanks.  That's it.  Here's the password element.

<input type="password" id="password_text_field" ($keyup)="passwordKeyUpHandler()" ($focus)="pwdFocusHandler()" ($blur)="pwdBlurHandler()" aria-required="true" required="required" can-field="password" autocomplete="off" class="form-textbox form-textbox-text " placeholder="Password" aria-invalid="false" tabindex="-1">

Is that the id that Apple is proposing everybody use?

Alan Karp

Terry Hayes

Jun 25, 2022, 7:36:20 AM6/25/22
to fr...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid I may have confused two contexts. I may have been hearing about constructing a login screen in a Swift app. The SwiftU. "View" for the text field probably does have the mentioned property, which the library uses to suggest login flows.

That may be different from the values in an HTML element for a web-based app/service.

Terry

Sent from my iPad