I'm in the Bay Area

Daira Hopwood

May 1, 2022, 1:29:34 PM5/1/22
to fr...@googlegroups.com
Hello this is Daira, long time no see!

I'm in San Francisco with my wife Samantha (we got married in November). I'd like to make it down to a physical meeting of friam while I'm here, which would be one or maybe two of the next three Fridays. I leave on May 27th but wouldn't be able to make the one on that day.

Looking forward to meeting yous again if this works out :-)

Btw this phone doesn't have any individual contact info I previously had for yous; it only has access to dairah...@gmail.com for email, and my Twitter account (@feministPLT).

Kevin Reid

May 1, 2022, 1:51:05 PM5/1/22
to fr...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, May 1, 2022 at 10:29 AM Daira Hopwood <dairah...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm in San Francisco with my wife Samantha (we got married in November). I'd like to make it down to a physical meeting of friam while I'm here, which would be one or maybe two of the next three Fridays. I leave on May 27th but wouldn't be able to make the one on that day.

Congratulations!

Unfortunately, we are no longer actually having any physical meetings. (This is both for public health reasons, and because in my opinion, the all-virtual meetings seem to have better conversations, overall.)

Which is not to say that there can't be a special meetup if people want to have one — just that it won't be @ Google (and wouldn't be me arranging it elsewhere).

Daira Hopwood

May 2, 2022, 11:56:59 PM5/2/22
to fr...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 1 May 2022, 10:51 Kevin Reid, <kpr...@switchb.org> wrote:
Congratulations!

Unfortunately, we are no longer actually having any physical meetings. (This is both for public health reasons, and because in my opinion, the all-virtual meetings seem to have better conversations, overall.)

Oh, that's disappointing not to be able to see yous all in person (but I understand completely the public health reasons; I'm clinically vulnerable).

--
Daira