Asking for a little help

Alan Karp

Dec 30, 2022, 4:16:59 PM12/30/22
to <friam@googlegroups.com>
I'm preparing to put the new version of SitePassword into the Chrome Store, and they require a privacy policy.  I've read through

https://developer.chrome.com/docs/webstore/user_data/

but I'm not sure I fully understand the requirement.  I could just say that SitePassword doesn't handle user data, but userids count.  I could say that SitePassword doesn't collect user data, but it does in the bookmarks.  Given that, I've currently got:

SitePassword does not transmit or share any user data. It
stores your userids and other settings only on your devices
for the sole purpose of calculating your passwords.

SitePassword relies on Google bookmark synchronization, which
is subject to Google's privacy policy.

Does that sound reasonable?

Alan Karp

๏̯͡๏ Jasvir Nagra