Scientifically rigorous computation: was "You don't need delegation, but it's very useful"

Carl Hewitt

Jul 29, 2021, 11:12:03 AM7/29/21
to fr...@googlegroups.com, Alan Karp

Thanks Christine!

We need a rigorous scientific understanding of computation that is free of dogma.

As in other branches of science, that means mathematical foundations.

Such foundations can help address critical practical challenges such as the following:

   Currently, a Great Power cyberattack campaign can take down a country’s economy and

    keep it down for a long time [“Sandworm”  Greenberg 2019] .  Unless there is drastic change, it is expected that

    there is a particular country that will be so attacked within the next 7 years in the context of a larger crisis.

To prevent successful cyberattacks, an Apollo-scale project is required to develop and deploy

current scientific understanding.

See the following video for more information:

    “Preventing Successful Cyberattacks Using Strongly-typed Actors”

             https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJP1VL7shiI

Regards,

Carl

https://professorhewitt.blogspot.com/