Block-based (visual) actor programming

Dale Schumacher

Feb 4, 2024, 5:33:26 PMFeb 4
to fr...@googlegroups.com
Last friam we were discussing the possibility of using a visual language based on Blockly to program actors, and possibly compile to uFork assembly. I've used github pages to deploy an experiment along those lines that I created about 5 years ago.

https://dalnefre.github.io/blockly/demos/dalnefre/

It was "Intended to be easier to learn and use than Humus". Speaking of which, I'm now using github pages to host an updated browser-based Humus interpreter. In addition to updating the syntax (to make it easier to use), the environment now features a quick-reference guide alongside the code editor that summarizes the language and built-in functionality.

With any luck, we will soon have a Humus compiler for the uFork playground...