Stanford talk you may want to hear

Alan Karp

May 10, 2022, 9:11:05 PM5/10/22
to <friam@googlegroups.com>

Stanford EE Computer Systems Colloquium

Available as Zoom Live Stream

May 11, 2022 4PM-5PM Pacific

http://ee380.stanford.edu

live streamed, YouTube

LIVE STREAM INVITATION

"I forgot, I invented hypertext"

Theodor Holm Nelson PhD

In 1968 and 1969 In 1968 and 1969 I commuted to Brown, at my own expense, and worked with programmer Steven Carmody to implement

clickable span of text, as well as the Back Button.  This was the HES system.  (It differed from Engelbart's Jump command,  which he had shown me in 1966, which required a typed command.)

I will reminisce about this, and about Doug Engelbart, SRIs Research Center for Augmenting Human Intellect, the “Mother of All Demos” and other historical events.

Ted Nelson has the bragging rights as the Original visionary of world wide hypertext, 1960.

⧉ Youtube channel:  Youtube.com/TheTedNelson

Fighting for parallel pages, visibly connected.

--------------
Alan Karp

William ML Leslie

May 10, 2022, 10:35:53 PM5/10/22
to Design
This is UTC-7? Are you on DST?

Alan Karp

May 11, 2022, 1:07:45 AM5/11/22
to <friam@googlegroups.com>
Times are Pacific.

William ML Leslie

May 11, 2022, 2:23:02 AM5/11/22
to Design

On Wed, 11 May 2022, 3:07 pm Alan Karp, <alan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Times are Pacific.

Some confused googling suggests this is PDT and UTC-7 (not PST, which is UTC-8).