Fwd: ly musicxml export

Simon Albrecht

Sep 29, 2015, 4:14:55 AM9/29/15
to fresc...@googlegroups.com, Martin Tarenskeen, ly-devel
Hello Martin,

there might be more right addressees for this at the frescobaldi mailing
list.
Forwarding.

Yours, Simon

Sep 29, 2015, 4:37:25 AM9/29/15
to Simon Albrecht, fresc...@googlegroups.com, ly-devel

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015, Simon Albrecht wrote:

> Hello Martin,
>
> there might be more right addressees for this at the frescobaldi mailing
> list.
> Forwarding.

Thanks. I have reported the issue on GitHub
https://github.com/wbsoft/python-ly/issues/46

--

MT

Martin Tarenskeen

Sep 29, 2015, 7:24:45 AM9/29/15
to fresc...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Here is another issue:

It looks like python-ly is interpreting barchecklines | as if they are
real barlines. In LilyPond this isn't true, it's just a tool to check your
lilypond sourcecode, and you can leave it out. Even if that's not
recommended practice. Consider the following example:

\version "2.19.28"
\score {
\new Staff {
\time 4/4
\relative c' {
c4 d e f g a b c |
c b a g | f e d c
}
}
\layout {}
}

When compiled using LilyPond this gives no errors, no warnings, and
correct pdf output with 4 bars, separated by 3 barlines. When using "ly
musicxml -o barchecklines.xml barchecklines.ly", if I import and view the
MusicXML file using MuseScore the first barline is missing. See
attachment.

--

MT
barchecklines.ly

Knute Snortum

Sep 29, 2015, 10:07:29 AM9/29/15
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
You should probably post this to lilypo...@gnu.org as it is not specific to Frescobaldi.

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

Federico Bruni

Sep 30, 2015, 1:00:03 AM9/30/15
to Frescobaldi support
this is the right list: python-ly is developed by Wilbert, etc.

Wilbert Berendsen

Sep 30, 2015, 2:38:29 AM9/30/15
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Op Tue, 29 Sep 2015 07:07:28 -0700
Knute Snortum <ksno...@gmail.com> schreef:

> You should probably post this to lilypo...@gnu.org as it is not
> specific to Frescobaldi.

Not really, you can post here. Because python-ly is developed by my
(and other Frescobaldi developers/contributors).

The musicxml export code is contributed and maintained by Peter Bjuhr,
he's on this list, so he can respond if needed.

Note that the MusicXML export is quite experimental, it depends on
parsing the LilyPond file without LilyPond, so not all musical features
(such as music constructed via Scheme) will make it to the MusicXML
output.

Best regards,
Wilbert

--