Builfing Frescoabald on Alma Linux 9

andrew....@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2022, 12:06:59 AM9/3/22
to Frescobaldi
Has anybody achieved this? It appears to be immensely difficult as Qt4 is obsolete and I can't see how to install the PyQt4 prerequisite. The configure script for that does not work with  Qt6 installation., throwing errors with functions not found in the QtLibrary, such as:

qtdetail.cpp:16:26: error: ‘licensee’ is not a member of ‘QLibraryInfo’
   16 |     out << QLibraryInfo::licensee() << '\n';
      |                          ^~~~~~~~

Davide Liessi

Sep 3, 2022, 4:03:56 AM9/3/22
to fresc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Andrew,

I know nothing about Alma Linux, but

Il giorno sab 3 set 2022 alle ore 06:06 andrew....@gmail.com
<andrew....@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> It appears to be immensely difficult as Qt4 is obsolete and I can't see how to install the PyQt4 prerequisite.

as I wrote in the issue on GitHub, Frescobaldi moved to Qt5 with
version 3.0.0 (released 17 February 2017).
I closed that issue since it was specific about supporting Qt5.
If you find other problems feel free to open corresponding issues.

> The configure script for that does not work with Qt6 installation.

Frescobaldi does not currently support Qt6.

Best wishes.
Davide